For Spot: UlimateS ver 1.0.2 non-functional?

pb wrote on 11/4/2004, 7:53 AM
Spot,

I tried the demo then VAAST sent an email telling me to download a new version. So I did this morning.

No rocket science to install.

I can double click on the Vegas Menu bar all day but will never see the UltimateS icon in the left pane.

Tried to install on an XP Pro machine but same reult - nothing.

Any suggestions?

burn.peter@syncrude.com

Comments

Liam_Vegas wrote on 11/4/2004, 9:58 AM
Not sure how you think you get to use Ultimate S (I can;t figure out what you mean by "double clicking" on the menu bar).

[edit] Or are you trying to add Ultimate S to the menu bar? First - see if you can at least find it in the script menu.

It gets installed as a script that you access using the menu Tools/Script. Ultimate S will be listed among the choices.
Spot|DSE wrote on 11/4/2004, 10:05 AM
Peter, as I've responded to your several mails at 7 a.m. this morning, you HAVE TO INSTALL ULTIMATE S TO THE SAME HARD DRIVE Vegas lives on. You have Vegas installed on a D: drive, therefore you must install Ultimate S there.
I sent you detailed instructions in an email. The website FAQ also deals with this. I failed to mention that if you can't get the Customize Toolbar dialog to come up by double clicking the Toolbar, you can also go to Options/Customize Toolbar.
If you downloaded the demo 2 weeks ago, you got an email that same day, as we had an Audit/Markers problem that was related to a Vegas bug. We uploaded the new version after only 100 downloads or so, on the same day.
I apologize for not getting your several emails until 7 a.m. but we've got to sleep here, too.
As requested in the application, the help notes, and the website, please send tech support mails to support@vasst.com so they go to all 4 people involved.
Please be sure that you are running Vegas 5b.
JohnnyRoy wrote on 11/4/2004, 12:10 PM
I also responded to his emails and he’s up and running now. I'm not sure why Vegas could not see the script at first.

~jr