Comments

johnmeyer wrote on 7/21/2006, 8:32 AM
There is a first play command in one of the icons above the project list (on the left side). However, DVDA does not have the facility to insert a "user prohibition" which prevents the user from fast-forwarding or or using chapter advance to skip a section of video.
jeremyk wrote on 7/21/2006, 10:49 AM
However, DVDA does not have the facility to insert a "user prohibition" which prevents the user from fast-forwarding or or using chapter advance to skip a section of video.

Not so! DVDA2 (and presumably DVDA3) offers a "Remote Buttons" property. If you turn all of those off, the poor user is powerless to escape from your video.
TheHappyFriar wrote on 7/21/2006, 10:50 AM
i belive it does.

have the first play be what you want. Have it go to the next chapter/track. Just disable remote controlls so people can't skip.

FYI, I find this very very annoying & think anyone who does it deserves to be in 18 hours DMV lines.
jeremyk wrote on 7/21/2006, 10:53 AM
Nyah, nyah! Beat you by 31 seconds! :-)
logiquem wrote on 7/21/2006, 11:09 AM
My question was not clear enought, sorry...:

If the DVD has already been viewed in the past in a specific player and another user put the DVD in the same player, the playback will auto resume at the same position (if this function has been turned on in the player setting menu).

Is there a trick to bypass this auto resume fonction in the authoring stage to make sure it never skip the first play?
johnmeyer wrote on 7/21/2006, 2:12 PM
Not so! DVDA2 (and presumably DVDA3) offers a "Remote Buttons" property. If you turn all of those off, the poor user is powerless to escape from your video.

Yup, you are correct. Somehow I was thinking of the registers that can be set in a DVD so you can have one thing happen the first time you play something, and then do something else the second time something is played. DVDA doesn't have this, but doesn't need it for what we thought was being asked for.

I don't have an answer for the revised question.
ScottW wrote on 7/21/2006, 2:17 PM
SInce this is a function of the player, there is no way to defeat this on the DVD.