Frameserver problem with Video Factory 2.0c

madmonk44 wrote on 10/30/2004, 11:07 AM
I cannot get Satish's Frameserver to work. I have installed the plugin to the File Formats directory (there was no option for a pluginpac folder as other people seem to have) but whenever I try to "Make Movie" the problem starts.
Debug Mode Frameserver is shown in the Format box with Default as the template. As soon as I press Next the Frameserver setup box appears but underneath the Sonic Foundry render box is already running.
It says it is rendering the avi but it never gets off 0% and does not create any sort of file. If I press Next on the Frameserver setup box it says it is writing the signpost avi. file but the box disappears and the rendering carries on with much time elapsing but no file being created.
I am well confused and can only assume it is something to do with where the plugin is located or perhaps the Frameserver dll.
Can anyone offer any advice?

Comments

trock wrote on 11/11/2004, 11:09 AM
All I get is an avi file with audio and no video :(
discdude wrote on 11/12/2004, 2:49 PM
Umm, do you guys know what a frame server is?
Former user wrote on 11/12/2004, 2:59 PM
What are you frameserving to?

The plug in does not create an AVI by itself.

Dave T2
trock wrote on 11/15/2004, 5:00 PM
Yes, I know what frameserving is, I do it all the time from VDub.

But when I output to the debugmode frameserver in Movie Studio 4, instead of creating a signpost file that I can pick up in TMPGenc, it immediately starts rendering an AVI. When I played that AVI to see what's what, it was a blank video file with the audio.

How do I get it to create a standard frameserver signpost file??

discdude wrote on 11/16/2004, 4:27 AM
Normally, at this point I would recommend that you post in the Debugmode's forum but I noticed that madmonk44 already did.

I never had any problems using the Frameserver with Video Factory 2 but this was awhile ago (I am now using Movie Studio 3). What version of the Frameserver are you using? 2.0? Have you tried using an older version?
trock wrote on 11/16/2004, 1:11 PM
The only version info I can find is that it was created on July 13 2004 so I'm guessing that it's 2.0. I'll see if I can find an earlier version. Thanks.
trock wrote on 11/18/2004, 6:44 AM
I re-installed frameserver and it's working great now. :)
SonyTSW wrote on 11/18/2004, 8:17 AM
Just so you are aware, in VideoFactory the frameserver plug-in can get in the way of captures. This problem was fixed in Movie Studio 3 (the successor to Video Factory). The workaround is to rename (or unregister) the frameserver plug-in before you start VF / VidCap.

Here's the thread on this:

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/ShowMessage.asp?MessageID=332605