Future use of VP12

Former user wrote on 9/24/2016, 8:29 AM

As of right now, I'm sticking with VP12. But, I wonder what will happen going forward? If I replace my system and have to reinstall, or even just reinstall because of some system issue. Will the SCS license server be available? Will MAGIX assume the licensing of these older versions? I assume that my purchased license is still valid or has the SCS / MAGIX transition made my license unsustainable?

I was hoping that there would be some sort of permanent license code assigned to me by SCS that would remove the "phone home" requirement along the lines of what Adobe did with the older versions of their products when they went to the cloud product model.

Comments

paul_w wrote on 9/24/2016, 9:10 AM

Good question, i'd like to know that too. Will we still be able to activate our older versions?

Former user wrote on 9/24/2016, 1:17 PM

Yes, I am still on V12 and wondering the same thing.

Paul-Fierlinger wrote on 9/24/2016, 2:37 PM

I will be facing the same issue soon because my computer is in shop repairs so I've been following most threads with an eye on this. I believe reading early on that nothing should change in this direction except that we should go into our MAGIX account instead of Sonny and expect to find all our files there unchanged and responding as usual. Has anyone tried this?

AlesCZ wrote on 9/24/2016, 2:42 PM

I'll stay with VP13, and I'm wondering the same thing. But maybe it's a nonsensical question. If the activation software stopped working, it would be essentially the theft of property. It would be released for free.  I'm no lawyer, but it sounds logical.

Former user wrote on 9/24/2016, 4:09 PM

I will be facing the same issue soon because my computer is in shop repairs so I've been following most threads with an eye on this. I believe reading early on that nothing should change in this direction except that we should go into our MAGIX account instead of Sonny and expect to find all our files there unchanged and responding as usual. Has anyone tried this?

I made sure to download and backup all of my SCS product(s) and license(s) info before they went dark. But, the issue I worry about is license activation in the future.

m2016 wrote on 9/24/2016, 6:10 PM

As writen in some other threads: we are actually migrating the whole serial & activation process, so that your older products should work also after reinstallation.

To backup the installation files is recommended.

balazer wrote on 9/24/2016, 6:27 PM

"Can I still activate my older Vegas, ACID, and Sound Forge products?  
Older versions will be activate-able using the serial supplied when the product was purchased.  "

https://www.custcenter.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5200