Comments

jrazz wrote on 8/3/2011, 5:30 PM
Screenshot?

j razz
Steve Mann wrote on 8/3/2011, 8:18 PM
Are you trying to look at an unselected take after expanding?

If so, the unselected takes are muted.

I frequently need to get something from an event in a muted track, so here's how I handle it.

Before you make the multicam track, duplicate all of the video tracks, put them into a group, mute the duplicates, collapse the group.

Next select the tracks to be made into a multicam track and do it. You still have copies of the tracks in the group you made of the duplicates.
Randy Brown wrote on 8/4/2011, 6:39 AM
Here's a snippet with lower track soloed and a blank preview.
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/multi-cam%20mute.PNG?w=309e75a9]

Steve are you saying I can't get it back in this project if I didn't duplicate the tracks?

Thanks guys,
Randy
Randy Brown wrote on 8/4/2011, 9:20 AM
In case anyone is following this thread, I fumbled around and found a way to unmute the clips...simply right-click the clip, go to switches and uncheck mute
jrazz wrote on 8/4/2011, 9:37 AM
It wouldn't let me view the dropbox folder, but glad you figured it out.

j razz
Steve Mann wrote on 8/4/2011, 3:02 PM
"Steve are you saying I can't get it back in this project if I didn't duplicate the tracks?"

No, I just find it easier to make a copy first. You may prefer the "unmute" method.
Randy Brown wrote on 8/4/2011, 3:18 PM
Actually I will probably never use it again...I noticed later that all the work I had done prior to using the tool was totally screwed up.
All off my fades turned to cuts and all of my audio clips were turned all the way down!
Steve Mann wrote on 8/4/2011, 3:24 PM
Your fades have to be on the same track. I use the multicam for rough cuts, expand the tracks to make any minor adjustments or repairs, then move the events into one track. When you move the events back into one track, you get your fades back.

Steve
Randy Brown wrote on 8/4/2011, 6:21 PM
Your fades have to be on the same track.
So I need to make sure that anything I have worked on prior to the multi-cam tool is not on the same track, is that what you mean?
I use the multicam for rough cuts, expand the tracks to make any minor adjustments or repairs, then move the events into one track. When you move the events back into one track, you get your fades back.
Please define "expand the tracks" and how you move the events into one track...it seems that's what the multi-cam does....do you mean move the tracks back to 2 tracks (assuming one is only working with 2 tracks)?
Thanks very much for your patience,
Randy
Steve Mann wrote on 8/4/2011, 8:51 PM

Here are two tracks with three events. Note that the events overlap, but if you played this timeline you would only see a cut.

Select the center event on the second track, then hit the UP button (#8 on the numeric keypad). This moves the event up one video track. Now the overlaps become crossfades.

You could also move the events on track 1 down to track 2 - it would do the same thing.
Randy Brown wrote on 8/6/2011, 10:57 AM
I thought I should mention that using this tool did mor damage than I thought to the work in the same project....ALL of my fades and dissolves turned to cuts/splits....IOW it split the clip where the dissolve started and ended and the fades are split where the fade starts or ends...is this a known issue or just me?
rraud wrote on 8/6/2011, 11:44 AM
That's how I've been doing the multi-cam edits. however expanding the events back to two tracks gets real tedious when there's lots of events.. Is there a script to 'Expand the tracks" or a process I'm not aware of. And how about a script to collapse them back down.
Kind of OT, but how does one deal with color correction in the multi-cam mode?
Thanks, Rick. (long time audio engineer, relatively new to video editing)
Randy Brown wrote on 8/6/2011, 12:07 PM
Kind of OT, but how does one deal with color correction in the multi-cam mode?

That's exactly how I discovered my issues, going back to do CC and tweak the audio.