Comments

dibbkd wrote on 12/28/2006, 11:29 AM
I like Bluff Titler

It's not nearly as professional as Boris, but good for making titles and credits.

Here's a link to the Gallery of examples

Once you get used to it, you can download any of the examples and change the text to be your own, or create your own titles from scratch. And it's compatible with Vegas.

If you're a fan of the TV show "LOST", you may appreciate how I replicated the intro to the show using Bluff Titler and Vegas for the blur:

LOST TV Intro

(I know it's not real fancy but it's almost identical to ABC's intro)

AND - you get FREE full version upgrades.
birdcat wrote on 12/28/2006, 12:44 PM
> Once you get used to it, you can download any of the examples and change the text to be your own

Hi dibbkd

Where can you donwload the examples? I just got Bluff las month - Find it very powerful but very complex (lots of settings) and would love to see how they do some of the stuff they show on the examples page.

Thanks.

Bruce
dibbkd wrote on 12/28/2006, 1:31 PM
You can use the link I posted above after you login, or login to the Gallery Page and click "Read Article" then click "Download Media Files".

Then unzip the files to your C: drive and open them with Bluff Titler.

If you forgot your username/password you can email info@outerspace-software.com and they'll reply with the info you need.
monoparadox wrote on 12/28/2006, 4:15 PM
Actually, I'm finding that utilizing the tools in Vegas with a plug-in like Spicemaster can do some pretty amazing stuff. Using the existing fx/transitions/3d compositing and media generators might amaze you with some experimentation.

Plus, I find the knowledge and practice gained from using the tools pays off when applied to other aspects of my production.
goodtimej wrote on 12/29/2006, 7:34 AM
NICE! Bluff Titler is awesome and really fun to use. One question, though, I can't figure out how to pull it up inside Vegas. Can anyone help me out here?
Jimmy_W wrote on 12/29/2006, 8:06 AM
You can't. It's a stand alone app.
Jimmy
goodtimej wrote on 12/29/2006, 8:21 AM
Oh, lame. Well, in that case is there any good titling software that is "budget" priced that will run inside of Vegas?
Paul_Holmes wrote on 12/29/2006, 9:08 AM
Don't give up on Bluff Titler so easily. You can create stand-alone titles or overlay titles with transparency. I often compose them with a music bed, which I load as a layer in Bluff Titler, then export the title as an uncompressed file and add the original music bed back to it.

It's an awesome tool that can tempt you to overdue effects, etc., but just for motion and 3D in simple titles it's great.

You can also load a video layer into Bluff, then compose the title over that.

It's slightly complicated at first but once you accustom yourself to all the parameters and how to adjust them it gets easier and easier.
goodtimej wrote on 12/29/2006, 4:27 PM
Nice. Well, thanks for the help everyone.