Comments

Liam_Vegas wrote on 7/7/2005, 3:56 AM
Been IM'ing my kids right after it happened (live/work in central London).... bloody awful. Was thinking of giving Grazie a call. Thanks for the update
epirb wrote on 7/7/2005, 4:10 AM
We are thinking of him and all people of the U.K.
DAMN those cowardly terorists!
Grazie wrote on 7/7/2005, 4:21 AM

Hello . . .

Wasn't going to post anything here . . . being OT and all that . . . I wasn't working in Central London today. I know that whole area like the back of my hand! My partner is fine . .. buses are being used outside Central area. Kings Cross does have a serious incident . . oh dear .. not good .. .

6 "incidents"; bus; and underground "incident" of major implications.

Liam? You good? Family ok?

Best regards,

G

Mahesh wrote on 7/7/2005, 4:34 AM
Glad you ok Grazie.
Plan was to visit Dorchester Hotel, Mayfair this morning. Glad I didn't go. Filming there Monday evening. Suppose to be filming at the Guildhall Monday morning. One hopes what happened so far is the end of it.
Liam_Vegas wrote on 7/7/2005, 5:02 AM
Kids and other Family are all OK (as far as we can tell). Been on IM all morning (no sleep tonight for me). My daughter (Jo - who you met Grazie)...just IM'd me that "a scuicide bomber was just shot dead in Canary Wharf".... that's not being reported YET on any of the channels here.
Grazie wrote on 7/7/2005, 5:13 AM
Liam, good to hear your news. No confirmation on the "latest" substantive information - no confirmation on that.

We are now getting video phone footage coming through of the attacks.

Oh dear . . .

G
PeterWright wrote on 7/7/2005, 5:21 AM
Just spoke to my sister over there - her son, who's ok, near Liverpool Street is wondering how he's going to get home.

Even though I'm half a world away, this rips at me - my old stamping ground.

Why don't the World's muslim clerics explain to these zealots that these suicides will not result in the instigator going to heaven - quite the reverse, as they've committed murder.

Yeah I know - they don't frequent Vegas forums .....
apit34356 wrote on 7/7/2005, 6:25 AM
Grazie its good to from you! Liam, glad your kids are ok. I have a son in London, but he was going to Netherlands today, waiting to hear, but believe he was boarding his flight at the time.
Grazie wrote on 7/7/2005, 6:26 AM
The first "incident" happened just before 9:00am local. - Yeah? G
apit34356 wrote on 7/7/2005, 6:33 AM
Grazie, how the cell phone service? I've notifed a lot of busy signals.
farss wrote on 7/7/2005, 6:37 AM
We shouldn't forget that this madness started well before 9/11 when they targeted moderate Islamic countries. When that wasn't effective they turned their attention to western countries that were supporting the moderate secular Islamic countries.
Bob.
daryl wrote on 7/7/2005, 6:41 AM
Hey Grazie, I thought about you first thing this morning when I heard the news.
So glad you are okay.
Best wishes to ya!

daryl
Grazie wrote on 7/7/2005, 6:45 AM

apit34356 "Grazie, how the cell phone service? I've notifed a lot of busy signals." . .the authorities & cell phone operators immeadiately close-down the networks to "non-essential" users to allow the Services get to do their work.

daryl - thanks!

G

apit34356 wrote on 7/7/2005, 6:47 AM
Farss, you are right. I believe the French colony in Africa during the late 50's & 60's were fighting with a moderate secular Islamic group, though the french may have started that fight.
apit34356 wrote on 7/7/2005, 6:52 AM
thanks, Grazie. I will reroute my calls.
farss wrote on 7/7/2005, 7:20 AM
I was thinking more of attacks against tourists in Eygpt.
Bob.
p@mast3rs wrote on 7/7/2005, 7:22 AM
I am just so speechless. Any chance this would have happened to Paris if they would have gotten the Olympic games or was it because Blair supported the US war effort?
Spot|DSE wrote on 7/7/2005, 8:55 AM
Glad to hear you and yours are safe, Grazie.
johnmeyer wrote on 7/7/2005, 10:19 AM
Glad to hear everyone is OK.

As for timing, probably the G8 rather than Olympics, but who knows? Does anyone really understand these bastards? I sure don't.
Cunhambebe wrote on 7/7/2005, 2:48 PM
Me too, I'm glad to hear everyone is fine.
epirb wrote on 7/7/2005, 3:42 PM
All due respect Patrick ,
Im sure this had nothing to do with the Olympic choice.
For one, this type of coordinated attack took some time too plan, and I doubt they planned it for all cities in the running. And I seriously doubt they had inside info on London being picked.Besides the terrorists dont hate the Olympics, they hate Freedom.

Besides I know that the terorrists who did this are idiots, but they aren't so dumb as to set detonation timers off by 7 yrs !

More likely to do with G8, but thats just my stupid speculation, its probably just that the U.K. has been one of our strongest allies.

England has had to deal with more terrorism in the past with things like the IRA.
My hat goes off to them in the way the people handled this ordeal today.
Harold Brown wrote on 7/7/2005, 8:40 PM
My wife's cousin was on subway and car in front of them exploded. Took him 5 hours to get home (walked). Lucky to be alive. You never know.
Grazie wrote on 7/7/2005, 11:36 PM

Thank you SONY for the space here.

I've been asked by a Forum member for an info line. Here is the actual "London Prepared" website information line. I hope and pray you don't need it:-

http://www.londonprepared.gov.uk/

Peace,

G
Edward wrote on 7/8/2005, 2:40 AM
cMon, any nut with a plastic explosive and a hatred for the west is gonna find any excuse to blow them and us up. don't rationalize these idiot's twisted view of the world.

by the way, good to hear you vegas nuts in the uk are ok. i wish i could say that for the others.

my prayers are with the families of the fallen. this is a dejavu i don't want to experience.