Group Settings

Barry W. Hull wrote on 2/10/2014, 10:22 AM
On the timeline when I move a video clip, it no longer moves the audio with it. (This is NOT an Ignore Even Groupings issue.)

I think I did something with the Group command (which I use often) of a clip, and now it seems I have lost the entire Group settings of the entire VEG file, no longer is any video “connected” to any audio.

Does anyone know how to “reconnect” video/audio so that I am not forced to either select both video and audio, or drag them one at a time? This is wasting a lot of time.

Thanks.

Comments

Barry W. Hull wrote on 2/10/2014, 10:32 AM
To clarify, I know I can recreate the grouped audio and video by going to each clip one at a time, but I am hoping there is a way to "reconnect" the clips in mass, back to the way they were when they were brought onto the timeline.

Something tells me I'm out of luck, but hoping.

Thanks.
larry-peter wrote on 2/10/2014, 10:41 AM
I haven't ever found a way to do a mass regrouping if the undo buffer has been cleared by closing and reopening the project.

Do you have any autosaved .bak files of the project? If so, is it easier to recreate edits done since the autosave than regroup the whole project?
Barry W. Hull wrote on 2/10/2014, 10:51 AM
Ah yes, autosaved, I'll give it a try, thanks.

The undo was long gone, didn't realize what I had done until it was too late.

A complete un-grouping of the VEG file might be one of those items that asks, "Are you sure?" before you click the button.
wwaag wrote on 2/10/2014, 11:24 AM
I use a couple of scripts that will regroup events from either 2 or 3 tracks. If anyone is interested, I can put them on Dropbox.

wwaag

AKA the HappyOtter at https://tools4vegas.com/. System 1: Intel i7-8700k with HD 630 graphics plus an Nvidia RTX4070 graphics card. System 2: Intel i7-3770k with HD 4000 graphics plus an AMD RX550 graphics card. System 3: Laptop. Dell Inspiron Plus 16. Intel i7-11800H, Intel Graphics. Current cameras include Panasonic FZ2500, GoPro Hero11 and Hero8 Black plus a myriad of smartPhone, pocket cameras, video cameras and film cameras going back to the original Nikon S.