Having major trouble with NewBlue Titler 7 Pro

Ardat wrote on 3/22/2023, 11:07 AM

I just purchased the Movie Pack Expansion for Vegas and am having major troubles with NewBlue Titler 7 Pro. I tried to render the short title I made from one of the presets. It rendered 1/4 size in the upper left section of the video and also Vegas will not import it and gives an error message (it renders as a .mov file) Has anyone else had these or similar problems? I can't find any settings or preferences that seem to address any rendering options other than quality (good to best, etc.) The build says 221212

Comments

jetdv wrote on 3/22/2023, 1:49 PM

You should be able to open VEGAS, drop the Titler Pro 7 Generated Media, on the timeline, and then do full title creation there and it play on the timeline. There's no need to render out.

If you do render from Titler Pro, it creates a PNG Sequence MOV file. To get VEGAS to read that, you have to install QuickTime and turn Quicktime back on in the deprecated features. It's really recommended that you use it directly on the VEGAS timeline.

Thomas-Cooper wrote on 3/22/2023, 2:31 PM

I found, the learning curve is significant for the Pro Titler. Also, I discovered my video card was not to par. Upgrading my video card stopped the crash/lag problems. Spend some time just playing with the Titler, inside Vegas, without needing a specific project completed. This helped me the most.

Ardat wrote on 3/22/2023, 4:34 PM

Thank you both.

Reyfox wrote on 3/22/2023, 5:16 PM

I suggest you watch some tutorials on how to use the software. If you used the standalone, did you set the timeline settings to match your video? As for the created MOV file, Vegas imports them just fine. A screenshot of the error message you receive would be more helpful...

Ardat wrote on 3/23/2023, 8:30 AM

@Reyfox

I suggest you watch some tutorials on how to use the software. If you used the standalone, did you set the timeline settings to match your video? As for the created MOV file, Vegas imports them just fine. A screenshot of the error message you receive would be more helpful...

The error message I got was "Warning: An error occurred while opening one or more files. The file is in an unsupported format." I think the reason for this was I have to turn it on in deprecated features like @jetdv said. Still seems strange though because I have Vegas 365 and often use the stock footage included, some of which is in .mov format, and I can't recall having problems when using that. I couldn't seem to find any settings at all in the standalone beyond rendering quality and a couple others. Nothing that seemed to address the timeline anyway.

I think my problem was I was trying to use it through the video fx tab rather than the media generator tab, which launched the stand alone. When I tried again via the generated media tab I was able output directly to the vegas timeline. Here's a screenshot of the importing .mov file error.

jetdv wrote on 3/23/2023, 8:35 AM

@Ardat, it all depends on what's "inside" the MOV file. MOV is like a paper sack, you can put many different things in it. But what it contains determines what is needed read the file. In the case of PNG Sequence files, Quicktime is required and, to use Quicktime, it must be turned on in the deprecated features.

To read a ProRes MOV file, VEGAS will read that natively so nothing else needs to be turned on. The stock footage you are using must be using a format that VEGAS can read natively without needing Quicktime.

The same is true with other file formats. AVI, MP4, etc... can contain many different formats of files. That's why if someone says a file can't be read, the next question is - what's in the file? And if they answer "It's an MP4 file", that doesn't answer the question.

jetdv wrote on 3/23/2023, 8:43 AM

Here's the difference between the Media Generator and VideoFX and Standalone:

1. The Media Generator version gets added as a new event on the timeline allowing you to easily adjust the length of the event and place it over one or more media events.
  2. The VideoFX version gets added as an EFFECT. This will limit it to the scope of the effect. If you add it on an event on the timeline, it is limited to that event. It DOES have the advantage of being able to show the underlying video in the Titler Pro timelilne. However, if you were to drag the VideoFX to a track like you would the generated media, it will apply as an EFFECT to that TRACK - probably not what you want.
  3. Both Media Generator and VideoFX will automatically open the Titler Pro 7 interface. This is NOT the "standalone" version although the interface will look the same as the standalone version. Once the changes to the title are made, you simply need to close the Titler Pro interface and confirm you want to keep the changes.
  4. To open the "standalone version", you simply need to run Titler Pro outside of your NLE. You can do that by using the Titler Pro 7 icon or open the App Manager and clicking on Titler Pro or TotalFX there. When Titler Pro is open in standalone mode, you can still create titles but will need to save them as a .nbtitle file. Once back in your NLE, add Titler Pro to the timeline and you can then open that .nbtitle file to add it to your timeline. You cannot open a .nbtitle file direct on the timeline.

Reyfox wrote on 3/23/2023, 8:54 AM

@Ardat thanks for the screenshot. To see what the file is (maybe give the information of what created it), you can use MediaInfo. It's free. Run it, click on View>Tree, drag the problematic clip on top of it, screenshot and add it to your post.

Or, if you can supply a sample of a problem file to the cloud to be downloaded, I'll give it a shot.

Last changed by Reyfox on 3/23/2023, 8:55 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Newbie😁

Vegas Post 365 (Currently VP21)

Win 11 Pro

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 cores / 32 threads

32GB DDR4 3200

Sapphire RX6700XT 12GB Driver: 22.5.1, testing 24.7.1

Gigabyte X570 Elite Motherboard

Ardat wrote on 3/23/2023, 8:56 AM

Thank you, that's a lot of good info.

Reyfox wrote on 3/23/2023, 9:04 AM

@Ardat I see you marked @jetdv as the Solution. Glad you got it sorted out.

Ardat wrote on 3/23/2023, 9:08 AM

@Ardat thanks for the screenshot. To see what the file is (maybe give the information of what created it), you can use MediaInfo. It's free. Run it, click on View>Tree, drag the problematic clip on top of it, screenshot and add it to your post.

Or, if you can supply a sample of a problem file to the cloud to be downloaded, I'll give it a shot.

Looks like a PNG sequence, but also says it is MP4? Screenshot attached.

@Ardat, it all depends on what's "inside" the MOV file. MOV is like a paper sack, you can put many different things in it. But what it contains determines what is needed read the file. In the case of PNG Sequence files, Quicktime is required and, to use Quicktime, it must be turned on in the deprecated features.

To read a ProRes MOV file, VEGAS will read that natively so nothing else needs to be turned on. The stock footage you are using must be using a format that VEGAS can read natively without needing Quicktime.

The same is true with other file formats. AVI, MP4, etc... can contain many different formats of files. That's why if someone says a file can't be read, the next question is - what's in the file? And if they answer "It's an MP4 file", that doesn't answer the question.

This is interesting to me because I was always told that .mkv worked in a similar way, and was why it was often referred to as a "container" as opposed to what .mp4 was considered. But I guess they are more similar in this way than I thought.

Thank you both again, I am learning a lot.

Ronald-Greenberg wrote on 3/28/2024, 5:10 PM

I recently updated New Blue Titler Pro 7 and when that happened I lost the ability to see the scene below my graphics. I use Avid's media composer. I contacted their help platform and they told me they were aware of the problem and the updated software had been sent out without this very important feature. What graphic person can create a graphic without being able to see the background? We tried to use a former verison but that failed as well. I contacted some other friends which have the Avid platform and they also confirmed the issue. It took nearly 2 months for them to create a beta version which finally allowed me to use their software again. During that time it took me a very long time in Adobe's After effect to recreate similar effects for a series I was doing for a client. It took hours and hours to do this. Once the problem was somewhat repaired by New Blue I reached out again to the help desk and told them that I was unable to use their software for an extended time and request some compensation for the time that their problem existed. A representative by the name of Steve told me that I only paid a small amount for a "$ 500 software" and that he would not compensate me for the time when the software failed. In my mind this is clearly stealing. I suggested that they give me some discount on a future purchase or they could send me a check. He said no!... Not sure If I will continue using this software...but in any event if you have a problem with this company...and you pay for software which you can't use for a period of time when it is their fault...then don't be surprised when they steal from you as well.