HD Link/Cineform and Vegas - Progressive?

mjroddy wrote on 7/28/2006, 5:50 PM
Good day.
I'm diging my HDV footage (shot on a Z1u and run through the M10) suing HD Ling 3.0.4. The Prefs show "Interlaced" and the rest of the settings are Default.
But when I take the clips into Vegas, they're all Progressive. Easy enough to change, if tedious, but I'm not sure why Vegas is Importing as Progressive. Any thoughts?

Thanks and have a great weekend! Do something fun! Me? I'm leaving Work 13 minutes early! Hoo HOO!

Comments

mjroddy wrote on 8/2/2006, 3:39 PM
er... sorry for the bump...
farss wrote on 8/2/2006, 4:01 PM
Not that I've done that much this way however I assume you shot the footage as "i" and secondly CF has the ability to de-interlace during ingest, didn't tell it to do that by any chance?

Bob.
mjroddy wrote on 8/2/2006, 5:28 PM
Well, the sourse footage is 60i and CF is set to Interlace. And yet, when I put the clip on the timeline, it starts off as Progressive and I have to manually change it to Upper.
PAW wrote on 8/3/2006, 1:12 AM

I had this problem when I first installed Cineform

I "think" I may have changed one of the prefs without realising it when I looked to see the options available.

It was only when I went back and checked the logic of each of the options in Encoder options and Pre-compression filters that I ended up capturing and encoding to interlaced and progressive the way i wanted

Sorry to be vague but I can't remember the exact sequence I went through

What are the settings you have in the Cineform prefs for encoder options and the pre-compression filter?

Paul