Okay..so i did a long hour length project. Lots of HDV clips. I edited using proxies...then when I go to "shift gears" with gearshift it starts to load in the m2t files...but quickly eats up my ram (2GB) and then vegas crashes! So, right now I am unable to render an HD file....what can I do!?! Please help..my deadline is in 10 hours!
Your problem is the same as the one I've been posting about. You just don't realize it. The problem is that when you capture m2t clips, every so often a corrupt clip is generated and that will crash Vegas. What is happening is that among your m2t clips, there are one or two clips that will crash Vegas as soon as they are added to the Vegas timeline. This can happen when you add the clips directly or when they are added via something like shifting gears in Gearshift.
I have had this problem with both HDVSplit and the Vegas HDV capture. I did however capture 8 tapes the other night using the newest version of HDVSplit (.77 beta) with the preview window turned off. Not one single Vegas crashing error over eight tapes.
As far as what you should do: I would try dragging the m2t clips to the Vegas timeline one by one until Vegas crashes. That way you can figure out which clips are giving you problems. Warning, when you find the offending clip, Vegas will crash to the point where you probably have to restart the computer in order to continue. When you have the offending clip isolated, load it into Womble MPEG VCR or MPEG Wizard and resave each offending clip.
ok..so i probably did something stupid...but I moved my m2t files to a different folder...and now when I try to replace the proxies with the m2t through gearshift..gearshift brings up an error saying that it could not find the files...i'm currently loading the files back into the original folder to see if that helps....anybody else experience this?
Yeah..I'm an idiot. I put the files all back in the same folder and the errors went away. However, I still had problems with the full hour length project loading all the m2t files for HD render. So I had to break the project down to 10-15 minute sections on a new timeline and then convert to m2t for HD render. Trying to do it with the full project just kept sucking up all my RAM usage and then crashing Vegas.
Anyhow...I got it to work this time, but I would really like to find a better work flow for this. Was thinking that I would just use cineform files all the way through...but I don't know if that would be any better on the RAM. I have a pretty decent computer...so I don't know what the problem is.