Comments

H2000 wrote on 4/18/2005, 4:30 PM
I'm not SONY, but it has not been their policy in the past to do so. I pointed out a bug in ACID4 in January of 2004. I pointed it out to a SONY representative at NAMM and was told flat out that there were to be no more updates to version4. And this was 8 months before version5.
randygo wrote on 4/18/2005, 4:50 PM
I believe the metronome behaviour you are looking for is one of the two new audio features that have been added to Vegas 6.

You can upgrade for $199.

Randy
Weevil wrote on 4/18/2005, 5:58 PM
I believe the metronome behaviour you a looking for is one of the two new audio features that have been added to Vegas 6.

Gold.
Zacchino wrote on 4/18/2005, 6:41 PM
That's so sad.

Keep on the faith.

We do, at Acid's forum. We keep on the faith. Not for long imo, but we do.
drbam wrote on 4/19/2005, 7:13 AM
As I noted in another thread, to not add the metronome fix to Vegas 5 (or find some other way to "make it right") would be a clear and direct ethical violation (exploiting consumer trust) and it would certainly produce an enduring black mark on Sony's basic integrity, at least in my view. I teach ethics (among other topics) at the graduate level so this is not speculation or ranting on my part.

We will see what Sony decides to do about this and of course, then we as consumers, will need to decide how we will respond. My fear is that Sony, being the giant company that it is, will simply view this issue as "collateral damage" and just absorb the hit of the few of us who may, out of principle, move on to another company. Given this dramatic and blatant move further into the video market with Vegas 6, it seems pretty clear that Sony is not that interested in the audio market, at least in terms of Vegas's future. Without question, the "step-child" analogy some have used in the past to describe the Vegas audio user's relationship with Sony has been confirmed this week.

drbam
TubeLover wrote on 4/19/2005, 6:52 PM
"Sony is not that interested in the audio market,"

Do video users use metronomes???