How To Connect TV Monitor To Vegas?

Comments

Jay Gladwell wrote on 5/2/2009, 11:21 AM

Thanks to all!

Finally, I've got everything hooked up and it appears to be working properly (with the emphasis on "appears to be").

Coming out of the video card via a VDI to HDMI cable, it shows up as a second (computer) monityor. Is this correct?

In Vegas, under Options > Preview Device in the device window I selected "Windows Secondary Display" since other two had no effect.

Then, under "Display adapter" I selected 2 - 1920 x 1080 (60).

Under "Display mode" "Pick Custom Settings" was chosen with "Scale output to fit display," "use color management," and "Use Studio RGB (16 to 235) with the "Monitor color profile" set to "sRGB Color Space Profile.icm".

I've got a sneaking suspicion that I may have done something incorrectly. Can anyone tell me if this is correct or not? If not, what adjustments should I make?

MarkHolmes wrote on 5/2/2009, 1:05 PM
I've been considering a similar option, but it's crucial that I get correct ATSC preview, for color correction purposes.

I believe my safest bet is to get a Black Magic Intensity, and using its HDMI out, feed it to a Samsung LED backlit LCD monitor. Given the jump the LED monitors have made in contrast ratio, compared to the old-style LCD monitors, it seems it would be a perfect monitor solution for color correcting.

Anyone have experience with similar solutions?