Comments

Sari wrote on 5/14/2005, 3:46 AM
Right click on an empty spot in the track pane (where, solo, mute, pan, volume is written), select 'duplicate track'.
In general when you are having a problem with something in Vegas, check out what 'right click' might give you.
fultro wrote on 5/14/2005, 6:55 AM
Simple enough --- How often I have used that right click on the track header for other things and never noticed the dupe track thing --- thank you
JMacSTL wrote on 5/15/2005, 2:02 PM
Keep in mind that duplicating tracks, including the audio data, is the fastest way to use up all your resources. You're opening new instances of all the plugins, and if you have a healthy am't of plugins, you'll start noticing slow downs, stutters when redrawing the screen, scrolling, etc. Better to use busses, and send each track to a bus with all the plugins you are using.

jmm in STL

jmm in stl

Windows10 with Vegas 11 Pro (most recent build). Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz 3.90 GHz, 32GB ram, separate audio and video disks. Also Vegas 17 Pro on same system. GPU: NVDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER. Dynamic RAM preview=OFF.

fultro wrote on 5/16/2005, 5:08 PM
yes - thanks for that - I have specific purposes for doing this and I am aware of the resource problem but in most instances do not have a problem
But I was wondering what people's experiences are with different manufacturer's plugs and if you think some are worse resource eaters than others.
Say Sony , Waves , GRM , OhmBoyz , Native Instruments etc.
And any dif between VST and DX?