How to copy video to another Vegas instance with chapter markers?

trock wrote on 3/8/2005, 12:38 PM
I've scoured the manual and the forums but haven't been able to find an answer to this yet.

How can I copy an edited video or video selection to another Vegas instance while retaining the chapter markers? I tried saving the markers to a text file but can't find a way to import them back into the new instance.

Thanks for any guidance.

Tony

Comments

jeremyk wrote on 3/8/2005, 3:25 PM
I think you can bring up the markers in the Edit Details window, select them all, and paste them into the Edit Details window of the other project.

Jeremy
johnmeyer wrote on 3/8/2005, 4:23 PM
I had to do this just yesterday. I looked all around for this as well and couldn't find an answer. The Edit Details can work, but isn't very satisfactory when you want to paste into the middle of an existing project.

Hopefully someone smarter than me will come up with a better solution.
trock wrote on 3/9/2005, 9:41 AM
Thanks for the replies. I've never been able to get the Edit Details view to accept any pastes even when selecting the box at the left to "select all". I finally gave up and did what a member of another forum suggested and deleted the other movies in my project and used post-edit ripple to move the movie to 00 and saved each movie as its own project.