How to disable startup ad?

RealityStudio wrote on 3/17/2021, 2:37 AM

I just installed Vegas Pro 18 on a second PC and no matter what I do it will always show an ad on starting the app. It's an upgrade offer on a Vegas Pro Suite, but no matter how many times i click the "Do not show this message again" checkbox it will always show it next time the app starts. I'll admit I'm getting irrationally angry about this but I just want to run the app that I paid for and not be nagged every single time to buy something every time I run it. Is there any way to permanently disable this ad?

Comments

Dexcon wrote on 3/17/2021, 3:03 AM

OMG ... I finally got rid of the pop up whose main purpose seems to aggravate Vegas Pro users. Not only ticking 'Do Not Show Again' but also going to Options/Preferences/General (tab) and unchecking item 6 - 'Use Newsfeed to stay informed about VEGAS product updates'. Even rebooting the computer didn't bring that pesky pop up back - for today anyway.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor

VEGASDerek wrote on 3/17/2021, 8:48 AM

The "Do Not Show Again" check box is misleading as it only refers to the specific advertisement being displayed. (And even then, it doesn't seem to work very well.) The check box in preferences really is the way to go to hide those pop-ups.

Unfortunately, our team has very little control over that stuff, but my hope is that in future versions we will have a better mechanism for all that stuff that will be helpful for customers instead of annoying them.

RogerS wrote on 3/17/2021, 8:50 AM

The "Do Not Show Again" check box is misleading as it only refers to the specific advertisement being displayed. (And even then, it doesn't seem to work very well.) The check box in preferences really is the way to go to hide those pop-ups.

Unfortunately, our team has very little control over that stuff, but my hope is that in future versions we will have a better mechanism for all that stuff that will be helpful for customers instead of annoying them.

That's helpful to know. I haven't checked the Do Not Show Again box as I want to see future promotions, so it's good to know that I can safely click on it and not have to see the same promotion again and again!

Custom PC (2022) Intel i5-13600K with UHD 770 iGPU with latest driver, MSI z690 Tomahawk motherboard, 64GB Corsair DDR5 5200 ram, NVIDIA 2080 Super (8GB) with latest studio driver, 2TB Hynix P41 SSD, Windows 11 Pro 64 bit

Dell XPS 15 laptop (2017) 32GB ram, NVIDIA 1050 (4GB) with latest studio driver, Intel i7-7700HQ with Intel 630 iGPU (latest available driver), dual internal SSD (1TB; 1TB), Windows 10 64 bit

VEGAS Pro 19.651
VEGAS Pro 20.411
VEGAS Pro 21.208

Try the
VEGAS 4K "sample project" benchmark (works with VP 16+): https://forms.gle/ypyrrbUghEiaf2aC7
VEGAS Pro 20 "Ad" benchmark (works with VP 20+): https://forms.gle/eErJTR87K2bbJc4Q7

RealityStudio wrote on 3/17/2021, 11:49 AM

Wow thanks so much, I had no idea about that setting hidden in preferences! Good lord it was driving me mad because I got a new laptop so I was doing many tests on it, hence running Vegas quite a bit. Every time it I ran Vegas it was like do you want to buy this? Wanna see an ad? How about an ad? Here's an ad. Another ad? Yes, you need another ad. Would you like an ad? I think you'll like this ad. Ad? Etc, etc, etc and after many hours of this I started to lose it lol.

Ok thanks for the help! I'm adding that info to my Vegas cheat sheet list of things I do after a fresh install.

mysticaleditor wrote on 3/23/2021, 12:27 PM

I would have to agree - get rid of this nag message. I'd love to still be able to be updated for downloads and version updates but hey, I've bought not one, but 2 licenses and don't need this aggravation.