How to make the 4k HDR effect in Sony Vegas?

Daniel-Aleksander-Jensen wrote on 1/23/2023, 2:44 PM

Hi

I am new to Vegas and I would like to know how you can achieve the 4k HDR effect in Vegas Pro 20 like you can in Premire Pro as shown in this :

The effect is apparently called 4k HDR but what is does is just making everything glow. I think it looks cool, Other examples:

I am woring on a Lenovo Yoga i5 laptop.

Thank you so much in advance for helping :D

Comments

3POINT wrote on 1/23/2023, 3:11 PM

Sony stopped with selling Vegas long before the introduction of HDR, actually Vegaspro13 was the latest Sony Vegas Pro. Where did you get your Sony VegasPro 20 from?.

Daniel-Aleksander-Jensen wrote on 1/23/2023, 3:14 PM

Hi 3Point. I got Sony Vegas Pro 20 from here: https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-pro/

Daniel-Aleksander-Jensen wrote on 1/23/2023, 3:16 PM

I saw it. It is not called Sony Vegas, it is just called 'Vegas'. I am ever so sorry for the confusion.

Daniel-Aleksander-Jensen wrote on 1/23/2023, 3:28 PM

I know like 10000 people who would start using vegas if you could make this effect in this software.

fr0sty wrote on 1/23/2023, 3:31 PM

It's not really HDR, HDR means something completely different... I've seen it done in VEGAS before, using the hitfilm vibrance plugin, but it isn't free, unfortunately.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

3POINT wrote on 1/23/2023, 3:34 PM

I know like 10000 people who would start using vegas if you could make this effect in this software.

Would they also purchase it, or just use it?

Daniel-Aleksander-Jensen wrote on 1/23/2023, 3:43 PM

I mean, they use Premire Pro, which is more expensive. xD

Would they also purchase it, or just use it?

Daniel-Aleksander-Jensen wrote on 1/23/2023, 3:47 PM

It's not really HDR, HDR means something completely different... I've seen it done in VEGAS before, using the hitfilm vibrance plugin, but it isn't free, unfortunately.

:(

Elynde wrote on 1/23/2023, 4:05 PM

Wait... Aren't those effects just using simply effects and overlays? ... Give me a second for my program to finish updating, and I will get back to you.

Daniel-Aleksander-Jensen wrote on 1/23/2023, 4:22 PM

Did it work?

Daniel-Aleksander-Jensen wrote on 1/23/2023, 4:33 PM

Wait... Aren't those effects just using simply effects and overlays? ... Give me a second for my program to finish updating, and I will get back to you.

I tried too but it didn't work for me 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

fr0sty wrote on 1/23/2023, 4:43 PM

HitFilm Vibrance is the exact effect you are looking for... I used to use it all the time. Unfortunately, it's the only way I know for sure to create this exact effect in VEGAS, and it requires a HitFilm Creator or Pro level subscription. It's possible VEGAS Effects has a similar effect, I will check when I get a chance.

Daniel-Aleksander-Jensen wrote on 1/23/2023, 4:52 PM

HitFilm Vibrance is the exact effect you are looking for... I used to use it all the time. Unfortunately, it's the only way I know for sure to create this exact effect in VEGAS, and it requires a HitFilm Creator or Pro level subscription. It's possible VEGAS Effects has a similar effect, I will check when I get a chance.

I'm affraid I'll have to switch to Adobe Premiere Pro cuz I need this effect and I'll end up paying more than I can afford atm if I use Vegas and HitFilm Pro. Thank you so much for clearing things up for me. :D

Elynde wrote on 1/23/2023, 6:16 PM

I'm affraid I'll have to switch to Adobe Premiere Pro cuz I need this effect and I'll end up paying more than I can afford atm if I use Vegas and HitFilm Pro. Thank you so much for clearing things up for me. :D

It works. Just follow those tutorials you posted using the effects and blending modes included with Vegas. Note: I put the effects on a copy of the video placed on an upper layer, instead of an adjustment layer. That way the blending modes applied correctly.

Daniel-Aleksander-Jensen wrote on 1/23/2023, 6:23 PM

itFilm Vibrance is the exact effect you are looking for... I used to use it all the time. Unfortunately, it's the only way I know for sure to create this exact effect in VEGAS, and it requires a HitFilm Creator or Pro level subscription. It's possible VEGAS Effects has a similar effect, I will check when I get a chance.

It works. Just follow those tutorials you posted using the effects and blending modes included with Vegas. Note: I put the effects on a copy of the video placed on an upper layer, instead of an adjustment layer. That way the blending modes applied correctly.

Wow! It is really beautiful the way you did it. Did you really do it with just Vegas 20? That is so cool! I however doubt that I would be able to follow a Premier Pro tutorial using Vegas. I am new to Vegas so I am still learning the ropes. :D But Thank you. You gave me hope.

Elynde wrote on 1/23/2023, 6:31 PM

Wow! It is really beautiful the way you did it. Did you really do it with just Vegas 20? That is so cool! I however doubt that I would be able to follow a Premier Pro tutorial using Vegas. I am new to Vegas so I am still learning the ropes. :D But Thank you. You gave me hope.

Still only six months or so into learning the ropes myself, but I am used to adapting skill and tutorials from other programs over into Vegas at this point. ;)

fr0sty wrote on 1/23/2023, 6:39 PM

Tutorial... now that I know what is happening behind the scenes to achieve this effect, yes it is easy to recreate in VEGAS. Could also maybe add some brightness and contrast adjustments as well to further make it pop.

Last changed by fr0sty on 1/23/2023, 6:40 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

Systems:

Desktop

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x 8 core 16 thread at stock speed

64GB 3000mhz DDR4

Geforce RTX 3090

Windows 10

Laptop:

ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo 32GB (9980HK CPU, RTX 2060 GPU, dual 4K touch screens, main one OLED HDR)

Daniel-Aleksander-Jensen wrote on 1/23/2023, 6:43 PM

Still only six months or so into learning the ropes myself, but I am used to adapting skill and tutorials from other programs over into Vegas at this point. ;)

THIS IS GOLD. Thank you sooo much 🙏🙏🙏

fr0sty wrote on 1/23/2023, 7:59 PM

You can also save presets for each effect in there, like gaussian blur, so you can easily switch between multiple looks. Also try adding a brightness and contrast effect into that effect chain, after the invert, but before the blur, and play with those settings to see if you can make it pop more.

Daniel-Aleksander-Jensen wrote on 1/24/2023, 1:09 AM

Frosty, I believe if you post this tutorial on YT it might get a lot of views. It was more amazing now, when I rewatched it. 🤯