How to render with 24 bit depth audio? (Vegas Pro 14 Build 270 64-bit)

Theosis wrote on 5/2/2018, 5:12 PM

Here is a screenshot of the Format text box in my render settings:

As you can see, the audio bit depth is 16 but I want it to be 24. My problem is that I can't seem to find an option to change it. There's an option in the project settings but not the render settings, which I find weird. The videos are for YouTube. Any help is appreciated.

Project settings:

Render settings:

Comments

Grazie wrote on 5/3/2018, 1:05 AM

@Theosis : Er..... Whilst I commend your posting of your NINE, exo-forum Screengrabs, might I suggest you upload the same Screengrabs directly to here? I started viewing two of the grabs but I found the process time consuming and didn’t easily offer me the opportunity to compare and contrast your DATA and assist you.

I’m interested, but found the retrieval of your DATA somewhat irksome. Sorry.... Maybe somebody will take the time to do this and provide a solution.

Marco. wrote on 5/3/2018, 4:54 AM

Though 24 bit uploads for YouTube are a waste of bandwidth, in Vegas Pro 24 bit audio rendering within a video file is available for Panasonic P2, XDCAM MXF, XAVC-I, XAVC-Long and AVI (not for any of the H.264/MP4 outputs).

Theosis wrote on 5/3/2018, 5:15 AM

@Theosis : Er..... Whilst I commend your posting of your NINE, exo-forum Screengrabs, might I suggest you upload the same Screengrabs directly to here? I started viewing two of the grabs but I found the process time consuming and didn’t easily offer me the opportunity to compare and contrast your DATA and assist you.

I’m interested, but found the retrieval of your DATA somewhat irksome. Sorry.... Maybe somebody will take the time to do this and provide a solution.

My bad, I have replaced all prnt.sc links with the actual images.

Though 24 bit uploads for YouTube are a waste of bandwidth, in Vegas Pro 24 bit audio rendering within a video file is available for Panasonic P2, XDCAM MXF, XAVC-I, XAVC-Long and AVI (not for any of the H.264/MP4 outputs).

In this Google article, it states that a 24 bit depth is recommended for music videos, and I'm making lyric videos which I'm pretty sure come under that category.

Will using the render settings you suggested decrease any other aspect of video quality? I'm uneducated in this area. :(

Former user wrote on 5/3/2018, 6:43 AM

That article you linked to is not for normal youtube video uploads. That refers to people who submit their music to be used for Content ID. Copyright owners who want their music use monitored by youtube. Uploading a 24bit audio for normal youtube viewing not necessary. Unless you are submitting it for this reason,, then note that 24bit is for FLAQ and PMC audio, not AAC.

Theosis wrote on 5/3/2018, 12:20 PM

That article you linked to is not for normal youtube video uploads. That refers to people who submit their music to be used for Content ID. Copyright owners who want their music use monitored by youtube. Uploading a 24bit audio for normal youtube viewing not necessary. Unless you are submitting it for this reason,, then note that 24bit is for FLAQ and PMC audio, not AAC.

Oh okay interesting. Regardless though, due to me being a bit of a perfectionist, if it makes any difference whatsoever having a 24 bit depth as opposed to 16 then I want a solution.

Former user wrote on 5/3/2018, 1:00 PM

Then you don't want to use AAC audio. That is highly compressed audio, far from perfection. You have to work within the technology.

Theosis wrote on 5/3/2018, 2:43 PM

Then you don't want to use AAC audio. That is highly compressed audio, far from perfection. You have to work within the technology.

Are there any output formats that allow for uncompressed audio and the same quality of video that I want, or is it a "one or the other" scenario?

Former user wrote on 5/3/2018, 3:52 PM

No

Are there any output formats that allow for uncompressed audio and the same quality of video that I want, or is it a "one or the other" scenario?

Not within Vegas. You have to get involved in demuxing and muxing. I believe Handbrake can do this with some formats, but I don't use it. There are others who are quite expert with it that might jump in and offer some information.

fr0sty wrote on 5/3/2018, 11:09 PM

Youtube will just recompress your audio back down to 16 bit anyway, so best to let that compression happen under your own control rather than Youtube's (if you can get around them recompressing it at all).

Theosis wrote on 5/4/2018, 5:34 AM

Youtube will just recompress your audio back down to 16 bit anyway, so best to let that compression happen under your own control rather than Youtube's (if you can get around them recompressing it at all).

So YouTube's playback bit depth is restricted to 16? May I ask where you found this out?

Jam_One wrote on 5/4/2018, 11:46 AM

So YouTube's playback bit depth is restricted to 16? May I ask where you found this out?

Does any 24bit streaming audio format exist nowadays?

Theosis wrote on 5/4/2018, 3:33 PM

Does any 24bit streaming audio format exist nowadays?

idfk, there's nothing wrong with being future proof though.

Theosis wrote on 5/6/2018, 2:16 PM

Bumppppp

rraud wrote on 5/7/2018, 9:48 AM

"Does any 24bit streaming audio format exist nowadays?"

Not unless the audio is PCM or a lossy format that does (like flac). YouTube or/or Vimeo does not give us an encoding option. You can upload a PCM file, but the end result would be the same as uploading a hi-res lossy.. (which the YT encoders seem to like better). As I recall, the maximum bits per second in VP for AAC audio is 512. If it's like MP3, a mono file would have the equivalent quality of 1024 bps stereo, of course any spacial info would be lost.