I can't get very precise cuts

Anvil wrote on 4/16/2024, 5:22 AM

Hello, I have been encountering this problem for some time, I am trying to cut between 2 images at a precise position but vegas does not give me the possibility, it places the image either before or after, and therefore it creates a gap in my timeline, It does this to me with and without the magnet

this is the video you can see my problem :
anyone have a solution?

Comments

Dexcon wrote on 4/16/2024, 5:36 AM

Chances are that the frame edges of all your media is not sitting on a frame line - i.e. the edge is sitting somehwere between frame lines .

Go to the Options menu and click on the top item in the context window that opens (Quantize to frames) and check the two checkboxes. Once checked, and video or audio frame edge that is not bang on a frame line will be highlighted in red. Any video events highlighted with a red frame edge will need to be adjusted to an exact frame line - and this may involve having to zoom way in on the timeline so that you can see the individual frame lines.

Video events need to be accurate to frame lines because a video event with an edge only partially between two frame lines will very likely render that partial frame as a black frame.

Cameras: Sony FDR-AX100E; GoPro Hero 11 Black Creator Edition

Installed: Vegas Pro 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 & 21, HitFilm Pro 2021.3, DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5, BCC 2023.5, Mocha Pro 2023, Ignite Pro, NBFX TotalFX 7, Neat NR, DVD Architect 6.0, MAGIX Travel Maps, Sound Forge Pro 16, SpectraLayers Pro 11, iZotope RX10 Advanced and many other iZ plugins, Vegasaur 4.0

Windows 11

Dell Alienware Aurora 11

10th Gen Intel i9 10900KF - 10 cores (20 threads) - 3.7 to 5.3 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 - liquid cooled

64GB RAM - Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz

C drive: 2TB Samsung 990 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD

D: drive: 4TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD (used for media for editing current projects)

E: drive: 2TB Samsung 870 SATA SSD

F: drive: 6TB WD 7200 rpm Black HDD 3.5"

Dell Ultrasharp 32" 4K Color Calibrated Monitor