Comments

Chienworks wrote on 12/11/2015, 11:42 AM
That may not have anything to do with the Sony Creative Software folks.
Tech Diver wrote on 12/11/2015, 11:46 AM
Sony MCS (Media Cloud Services) is a separate division located in Culver City California and has nothing to do with Sony Creative Software (the makers of SVP) located in Middleton Wisconsin.

Peter
JohnnyRoy wrote on 12/11/2015, 8:49 PM
> "...and has nothing to do with Sony Creative Software"

Actually, Catalyst Prepare has an option to upload your clips to Sony CI so the two teams are aware of each other and are probably working together. This is the future platform for Sony.

~jr
winrockpost wrote on 12/11/2015, 9:08 PM
Well if the future of any editing out of Sony is based on Catalyst they need to move
a little faster in my opinion, or they will be out of the game.
JohnnyRoy wrote on 12/12/2015, 8:33 AM
> "Well if the future of any editing out of Sony is based on Catalyst they need to move a little faster in my opinion, or they will be out of the game."

No, Sony CI doesn't need Catalyst. It works independently. I was just pointing out that Catalyst works with Sony CI. CI is Sony's cloud platform for collaboration and several vendors are offering this including independent vendors that don't have NLEs like Frame.io.

As for the future of SCS with Catalyst, I think they are moving quite rapidly. If you look at the amount of major new featured added to the last release, I'd say they're on a very quick path to making it usable for a lot of Vegas Pro editors.

~jr
dxdy wrote on 12/12/2015, 8:57 AM
I got an email from Sony Business, offering packages on very expensive cameras. Bold emphasis is mine.

Shoot, edit, color correct and deliver any production. Includes PMW-F5 camera head with CBK-Z55FX 4K license pre-installed, á7S II mirrorless camera, choice of PMW-F5 viewfinder, SxS® card reader, shoulder-mount accessory (VCT-FSA5), and [B] DaVinci Resolve 12 STUDIO full license with dongle,[/B] starting at $15,995. Available October 1, 2015 through March 31, 2016

The PMW-F55 Bundle Kits* come equipped in a versatile case with the PMW-F55 camera head, choice of either the DVF-L350 LCD or DVF-EL100 OLED viewfinder, SxS® card reader, [B]Catalyst Prepare license [/B] and the CBK-55PD codec board installed. *PMW-F55KALCD (with DVF-L350) or PMW-F55KAEL (DVF-EL100). Available June 1, 2015 through March 31, 2016.

No mention of Vegas.
JohnnyRoy wrote on 12/12/2015, 9:21 AM
> "No mention of Vegas."

There never was in the past... why would they start now?

At least they are pushing Catalyst and not Adobe anymore. ;-)

~jr
videoITguy wrote on 12/12/2015, 7:12 PM
The thrust for marketing and awareness for Cloud collaboration and the development of a software such as CAT are part and parcel of the same direction.

I might add a direction that VegasPro was never in, so it is no wonder that two divisions of the Sony corporation may now be seeking joint efforts - i.e., Cloud and CAT.