Comments

Vulcan wrote on 2/7/2003, 8:54 AM
That's a question that can easily start a flame war. I personally prefer the +RW/+R standard. I have HP 200i and I know from exeprience that this burner works together with DVD-A. Burners that supports both formats have hit the market but I have no experience with any of these. I know for sure that Sony has a +/- model and I guess that a burner that supports both formats would be the best solution and I would go for a combo if I had to replace the current burner.
Redeye wrote on 2/7/2003, 4:11 PM
Yeah buy the sony. There are a few unexplained failures with pioneer and DVDA right now plus both formats is safer. I have the pioneer and it works fine but some have had problems with DVDA only.
TNP wrote on 2/7/2003, 5:42 PM
I have the Sony and although I haven't used w/DADA yet it has ran flawless. I have burned close to 100 disk on it w/no coasters
Skinink66 wrote on 2/8/2003, 12:02 AM
Just bought my Sony the other day. Am very happy with it so far. It was a little pricey for my budget, but I think it will be worth it in the long run, with multiple formating. Good Luck!
dsanders wrote on 2/10/2003, 9:41 AM
The Sony drive ships with some bundled softare from Veritas call "Drive Letter Access". I have heard that this software can be buggy and screw things up. If you have problems with the drive, uninstall the software and re-try again. Also, I though that I heard news reports of MANY problems with the Sony 500 drives. (But I can't find the articles right now).