Comments

JackW wrote on 8/19/2020, 12:51 PM

Some more information would help. What kind of images -- jpg, png, etc.? How large are they? How are you trying to import them? Have you upgraded anything recently? Mediainfo regarding the video project would be helpful, too.

Audrey-M wrote on 8/19/2020, 1:14 PM

I have a handful of TIFFs, they range in size from 9 to 94 MB. I'm not upgrading anything until the project is completed, just to avoid weirdness like this. I've tried media import from the shortcuts bar, from the File dropdown, and even drag and drop. This problem just started today, it's been working like a charm until now.

So I figured your next question would be ... how about JPG or PNG? ... so I ran one through the photo program and saved in those formats; those will import OK, but the same image in its original TIFF crashes the program!

JackW wrote on 8/19/2020, 1:20 PM

Others here, wiser than I, may be able to explain the TIFF problem, but at least you have a means of getting the work done for your screening. Good luck.

Marco. wrote on 8/19/2020, 1:56 PM

Open such a TIFF file in MediaInfo and see what bit depth and which compression mode is used.