Comments

Marco. wrote on 5/13/2013, 5:09 AM
Avid Codecs LE only offer Quicktime MOV version of DNxHD. See if Blackmagic offers an MXF version of DNxHD.
JasonATL wrote on 5/13/2013, 6:32 AM
I have a Hyperdeck Shuttle, too. You need to use the AVID DNxHD Quicktime format. Vegas will read those files... Also, if you have Quicktime installed (even the free, non-Pro version), you should be able to read the ProRes files created by the Hyperdeck Shuttle.

The only problem I have had with Vegas and AVID DNxHD files in the latest version of Vegas Pro 12 is that it would start to fail when I had too many files on the timeline. Just a heads up.

Also, if you need to transcode the files you already have, you might try downloading Davinci Resolve Lite. It can render the DNxHD Quicktime files, too (as well as other formats/codecs).
NormanPCN wrote on 5/13/2013, 6:02 PM
As stated the Avid Codecs are for Quicktime, which is for MOV files.

For MXF Sony uses their own internal codecs and they don't support DNxHD. Only MPEG-2 and MPEG-4.

I have already entered a feature request to Sony for DNxHD support in MXF. The DNxHD codec source is a free license so I don;t see what Sony does not support it.