Importing stills as standerd frams (length)

mikesomass wrote on 11/10/2004, 8:36 PM
good day. "I renderd image sequence" of a 10 seconds clip and i got around 120 frams i put them through photoshop and just put a filter on each pic/frame.

how do i know import the pics back beacuse when i just drag them into the media pool and then into the timeline each fram does for the normal 10 seconds. how do i import them so vagas recognises each as a frame rathern then a pic

thanks,
mike

Comments

ibliss wrote on 11/10/2004, 8:42 PM
Go into 'preferences>editing' and change the 'default new image still length' to one frame.
mikesomass wrote on 11/10/2004, 10:38 PM
thankx that got me a little farther but the problem is, once i set it to 29.970 fps
and put all the frames in the time line it goes fater then the original project.

in other words lets say if i render the frames from a 10 seconds scene. when i put them back into vagas (with 29.970 fps) its would be 9 seconds now.

for one reason or another it seems to speed up even though the fps seems to match.
any ideas?
HPV wrote on 11/10/2004, 11:43 PM
Use the import media via the file menu. Click on the first frame/image and notice the check box for "open still image sequence" at the bottom.
BTW, other programs don't follow the correct NTSC 29.970 duration that Vegas uses. Can cause a glitch about 5 seconds into your sequence.

Craig H.
RalphM wrote on 11/11/2004, 4:46 AM
You have less than half the number of frames you should have in your 10 second clip. You should have about 300.

Check File > Project Properties to make sure you have not accidently set the frame rate to half NTSC.