Comments

Steve Grisetti wrote on 9/9/2015, 11:07 AM
Assuming you're using the Credit Roll Media Generator, have you tried the Import Text from File option? (The green flag button at the top left of the Credit Roll option panel.)
Mindmatter wrote on 9/9/2015, 11:10 AM
I'm afraid not. I gave up on the Vegas credit roll, it's prehistoric.
My suggestion would be to create a long ( transparent if you need to ) project in photoshop, say 1920 x 4000 pixels, do all your text layout without any restriction and with all the benefits of a real text editor, save as .png and do a vertical pan automation in vegas.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 12x 3.7 GHz
32 GB DDR4-3200 MHz (2x16GB), Dual-Channel
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, 8GB GDDR6, HDMI, DP, studio drivers
ASUS PRIME B550M-K, AMD B550, AM4, mATX
7.1 (8-chanel) Surround-Sound, Digital Audio, onboard
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB, NVMe M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
be quiet! System Power 9 700W CM, 80+ Bronze, modular
2x WD red 6TB
2x Samsung 2TB SSD

craftech wrote on 9/9/2015, 11:25 AM
I gave up complaining about it as well. It hasn't been changed since Vegas 3

Year after year many of us asked for the credit roll generator to be updated, but because it simply makes for better basic editing and does not have a bell or whistle they ignored the plea.

John
vtxrocketeer wrote on 9/9/2015, 11:38 AM
Yes, I also make my credit rolls outside of Vegas. I use Adobe Illustrator for its exceptional typesetting, ability to insert whatever graphics I want, and total control over every aspect. (Photoshop works, too, but I simply prefer AI's orientation to text.) Pasting in and formatting text from any other document (PDF, text, Word, etc.) is a snap. I export a long AI 'artboard' as a PNG, dump onto the Vegas timeline, and use the Pan tool to pan down the list. Always comes out looking superb.
rs170a wrote on 9/9/2015, 11:48 AM
oidarman, I have my information saved as a text file.
I copy what I want from the text file, open up the credit roll generator, go down to an unused line (it says <INSERT TEXT HERE>, click on it and do a Ctrl+v to paste it in.
If you have any lines that need to have two pieces of information on it (eg. Director & his/her name), make sure that you use the Tab key to get the necessary spacing when you're composing them originally.
Once everything is in the Credit Roll generator, you can go go in and make any necessary adjustments.
Hope this helps.

Mike
jetdv wrote on 9/12/2015, 12:36 PM
Take a look at this newsletter:

http://www.jetdv.com/vegas/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1305