Comments

RBartlett wrote on 8/25/2007, 11:27 AM
An AVI is an Audio-Visual file that contains a series of compressed pixel oriented fields or frames. So if something is missing, it wasn't put in there in the first place. If it were an alpha channel problem I don't think you'd be describing the issue as 'missing objects' so - not going there.

Check a few frames rendered in the Viper interface in LW and then try again.
Vegas doesn't import objects from a 3D rendering app. It is pixel/bitmap based, not structure/object based.

To fix it, I'd concentrate on your render options dialog strictly in LightWave..
Confirm what I've surmised by dropping the AVI into WMP or VLCplayer
seirus501 wrote on 8/25/2007, 11:42 AM
no, i mean that when i reviewed my video right after i rendered it from Lightwave, everything was there. But when i imported it into the vegas project media window, everything was still there. When i dragged it in the timeline, some objects were missing.
GregFlowers wrote on 8/25/2007, 12:28 PM
You may have an alpha channel issue. Try this and see if it helps. Right click on you .avi file on the timeline. Select "Properties" at the bottom. In the "Properties" tab select "Media." In the "Media" tab go to Alpha Channel at the bottom and select "None." Let us know if this brings your missing objects back or not.
RBartlett wrote on 8/25/2007, 1:04 PM
or the aspect ratio of the project requires stretching of the source and what you have is off frame on the recorded aspect ratio. The codec may have an overriding influence on such things as crop/PAR also.
seirus501 wrote on 8/26/2007, 10:34 AM
the vegas default is set to "none".
rs170a wrote on 8/26/2007, 12:56 PM
I always render out my Lightwave anims as a series of PNG files and then import these into Vegas as an image sequence.
This way, you don't have any codec issues to worry about.

Mike