Invalid Pointer

Michael-Hayes wrote on 12/12/2018, 4:26 AM

I bought DVD Architect last month and, with my first project (a compilation of previously produced videos), I have encountered the following error after rendering and before writing a blu-ray project: "Warning: An error occurred while writing a file. An invalid pointer was specified". I have made no changes to the default installation procedure but, just to make sure, I uninstalled and reinstalled DVDA. The error came up again. There is no error number or any other info so I would appreciate any ideas for where to go from here.

Comments

Former user wrote on 12/12/2018, 8:22 AM

From searching online this looks like a Windows issue possibly related to the .net version.

Michael-Hayes wrote on 12/13/2018, 11:45 AM

I went through all of the 15 videos that I had compiled for the blu-ray (attempting to render a different 14 each time) - it took quite some time!. In the end, I narrowed the issue down to just one which caused the error. I still don't know why because the video plays back perfectly on its own in a variety of formats.

Now I have another problem with this first project. If I leave out the problem video, I can get past the rendering portion but the program crashes after about 20% of the compilation process with the following message: "File name: 00005.m2ts, Status: mscorlib.dll::ThreadHelper::ThreadStart_Context::Video buffer underflows." I don't know what that means (and I have yet to hear back from Support about my original problem). Can anyone out there give me some help on this one?

I have had DVDA for less than a month and I have to agree with those posters who point out how unstable the program is. In my experience, it's probably one of the most unstable video-related applications that I have ever had. 

Former user wrote on 12/13/2018, 12:06 PM

I don't know what version you are using but 5.2 was the most stable. Version 6 introduced some anomalies and I have not heard much about Version 7.

Michael-Hayes wrote on 12/13/2018, 12:13 PM

I have version 7 which came with Vegas Movie Studio 15