Comments

JohnnyRoy wrote on 9/21/2003, 9:23 AM
I’m not sure what’s behind your question and I have no knowledge of what Sony may do, but I do know that big companies like Sony are made up of many independent divisions that operate almost autonomously in order to remain competitive. So while a consumer division may have one line of video and imaging software the digital pictures division may have an entirely different line that may overlap some functionality. This happens all the time with lots of companies and product lines. Big companies like Sony seldom speak with one voice.

So I would venture to guess that some of the products you mentioned have nothing to do with Sony Pictures Digital, which acquired the Sonic Foundry line of desktop products. Over time, someone at the corporate level may see the need to consolidate offerings across divisions but its anyone’s guess how that will affect Sony Vaio.

~jr
sugiere wrote on 9/21/2003, 5:21 PM
I ask just wondering, but i think sonic foundry products line overlaps to all sony products, so.. is a good idea going to sf or screenblast products now that is from sony, and sony vaio products to be phased out. I think, i dont know.
Thanks a bunch for you response.