Is there a "Glue Stick" or Bounce Tool in Vegas9?

KeyofG wrote on 12/5/2011, 10:26 AM
I just edited some dialog and I wanted to turn the edited clips into ONE single clip version. In Nuendo, I could just select the events and hit that section with a glue stick and I'm done. But I don't se anything like this here.

Am I going to have to render those clips just to get a single version of it? That seems absurd to me. There's got to be SOMETHING that doe that in this program, right?

Comments

rs170a wrote on 12/5/2011, 10:31 AM
Group them all together so they move as one event or render them to a new track and delete the individual pieces.

Mike
KeyofG wrote on 12/5/2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks. If I render to a new track, won't that render EVERYTHING that's on the track? How would I set the range to just render the selected clips?
Opampman wrote on 12/5/2011, 10:59 AM
Highlight the ones you want to render by dragging over with the left mouse button depressed and go to render and select "render loop region only"

Kent
KRyan wrote on 2/4/2012, 4:47 PM
As someone who is used to using the glue-stick type tool I gotta say that it really rocks. To have to render a selection of one track, import the result back in and then insert/sync the rendered bit onto a new track and then deleted the original is just a crap-load of work compared the the "glue" tool.

Does anyone know if something like this is do-able in the new version or planned for a later one? I'm using version 9 at the mo.

Ken

MUTTLEY wrote on 2/4/2012, 4:57 PM

Don't know anything about the glue stick or Nuendo and not sure to what end you want it to be "one clip", is it so that it's actually one clip or the functionality of it acting like one clip? If you just want them all to let's say "stick" together so you can move them around as one select the ones you want and just hit "g" to group them, if you need to ungroup them select the clip or clips you want to un-group and hit "u". You can also do this from the "Edit" drop down up top.

- Ray
Underground Planet
larry-peter wrote on 2/4/2012, 6:40 PM
Unless it's been changed in version 5, Nuendo's glue tool is just an elegant way of grouping. There is no new file created. Vegas' grouping does the same thing, just with the original clip boundaries still visible. Nuendo's glued clips are a bit easier to handle when dragging and dropping across multiple tracks, but cut/pasting or copy/pasting of groups in Vegas works just fine.

Edit: Giving Nuendo it's due, you can apply fx or processing to a glued event and it behaves as a "virtual clip", applying the processing to all original parts simultaneously, which is cool, but it's still just elegant grouping.
WillemT wrote on 2/5/2012, 3:01 AM
Just to add a bit to atom12 above, a bounce in Nuendo is basically a "render", a new audio file is created.

Willem.