Comments

TheHappyFriar wrote on 6/16/2008, 4:36 AM
in "my software", where's it for you? :D

Gottcha! :D
Lyris wrote on 6/16/2008, 6:16 AM
D'oh, you had me for a sec!

Really, I'm excited about this, I want to author some BDMV!
jcloninger wrote on 6/16/2008, 4:03 PM
I hear you... I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO waiting for this update. It better work good too. :)
debuman wrote on 6/16/2008, 10:03 PM
What are the chances of Sony not meeting the the "MID JUNE DEADLINE" because it's almost at the mid point?.
Terje wrote on 6/17/2008, 2:38 AM
My experience is that Sony usually meets its announced release dates. Depending on how you define "mid" I guess mid June lasts another three days or so, so we'll see some time this week I guess.
warriorking wrote on 6/17/2008, 10:41 AM
I am also looking forward to this update, I just completed a project for one of my local bands outdoor concerts using my HD camcorder, converted to regular DVD and it looks pretty good, can't wait to render the same project in glorious HD with HD menu's as well...
Maybe Wednesday......
jcloninger wrote on 6/17/2008, 6:55 PM
We all have to wait even longer:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dvd5

"Coming in Summer 2008
DVD Architect Pro 5 Software with Blu-ray Disc™ authoring"
TLF wrote on 6/17/2008, 10:32 PM
So, any time between now and the end of September. Just like a 64bit version of Vegas was due at the end of last year... and we're still waiting.

"I know it's going to happen some day. Please wait, don't lose faith." [ Morrissey]
ECB wrote on 6/18/2008, 5:38 AM
The anxiety of Christmas and birthdays must be unbearable. :D

Ed B
alk3997 wrote on 6/18/2008, 5:24 PM
Just keep saying to yourself,

"They're fixing bugs so I won't see them...

They're fixing bugs so I won't see them...

They're fixing bugs so I won't see them..."

Andy
warriorking wrote on 6/19/2008, 1:02 PM
Looks like it won't be this week.."Sigh"..Hopefully we will get a nice present for the start of next week....
Lyris wrote on 6/24/2008, 10:42 AM
....Nope! :)
warriorking wrote on 6/24/2008, 4:37 PM
Oh well, another week to go, sad thing is I just got Pinnacle 12 to pass the time, and have rendered several projects with HD menu's and the whole works, really looks nice, hopefully sony will get its Butt in gear and give us what everyone else already provides.....
ggrussell wrote on 6/24/2008, 9:58 PM
Is there a list of new features or is Blueray/hidef support the only thing added?
John_Cline wrote on 6/25/2008, 12:39 AM
I hope they've implemented some sort of flowchart. That's the one thing that Encore does that I'm not willing to give up. Without it, you're creating the DVD structure blind.
kmalone wrote on 6/26/2008, 5:00 AM
Any official word from Sony yet as to when we can expect DVDA5 ???
TheHappyFriar wrote on 6/26/2008, 6:07 AM
last they said was summer 08.
FilmingPhotoGuy wrote on 6/26/2008, 7:10 AM
We just enjoyed the Winter solstice. Uneventfull really. Did they mean Summer here or there?

Craig
bStro wrote on 6/26/2008, 7:17 AM
sad thing is I just got Pinnacle 12 to pass the time

Sure, you can create HD projects, but give it a month. That's the longest it takes for Pinnacle Studio to show its true colors. When we get our stable, reliable DVDA5, you will have just got done pulling out half your hair trying to figure out why Studio crashes every time you switch from the menu designer to the timeline. ;)

Yes, I've been there. Then I switched to Vegas+DVD and never looked back.

Rob
ggrussell wrote on 6/26/2008, 7:26 AM
I said the same thing after Pinnacle v 7,8 &9. Haven't used it since until I tried out V12. VERY STABLE. Perhaps it took them that long. LOL Personally, I still don't like Pinnacle Studio in general. Adding menus to the Timeline isn't intuitive for me.

However Pinnacle knows how to cater to newbies! The new montage templates are great, but I never found the Boris Graffiti text effects. One thing Pinnacle does best and that's making things SIMPLE and easy to use although sometimes TOO simple and not flexible.
MPM wrote on 6/26/2008, 7:52 AM
FWIW never been a big Pinnacle fan, but the parent company, if I'm not mistaken Sonic, is a standard for DVD expertise - not that all of their products have shown it. ;-)

When using Vista, I for one have at times come very close to wishing all sorts of very painful things on whomever was responsible for Sonic's Cinemaster audio.

But, the know-how is there, & if they got their act together, might make for *very* decent software.
warriorking wrote on 6/26/2008, 9:46 AM
All I know is I have payed out a lot of money gearing up for Bluray editing, New HD camcorder, Rode Video Mic, Vegas 8 Pro, and just last night I bought a LG Bluray burner Off Newegg...Jeezzzzz, I will spend the rest of the year paying this stuff off....Oh well,I will have a blast anyway...
bStro wrote on 6/26/2008, 10:31 AM
Actually, Pinnacle was taken over by Avid a year or two back. I can't recall Sonic ever being their parent company, but who knows.

Rob
ggrussell wrote on 6/26/2008, 11:08 AM
Correct, Avid purchased Pinnacle. Sonic purchased the Roxio video products.