Comments

Grazie wrote on 5/14/2009, 2:44 AM
Well! It is obvious . . It is for those that can ONLY read RUSSIAN Tabs but are fluent in reading English Page Text? Obvious to me. I really don't see the joke . . .

Y'know, SCS comes out with this type of online help and all you can do is make a joke about it? Honestly!

Grazie
mat536 wrote on 5/14/2009, 3:51 AM
The gentleman clicked on the help for "defocus" and got the help for the "pro type titler"... that is strange.

Tom Pauncz wrote on 5/14/2009, 5:51 AM
Hmmm....
Tried three of the new FXs and all three bring up Pro Titler help when '?' is clicked.
Will report to SCS later. Older ones, there pre v9, work fine.
Tom
albert_kes wrote on 5/14/2009, 7:28 AM
To gain help on new effects it is necessary to push the small sign of a question (on a sreen it is outlined by the red frame) - then there will be a happiness :)

screen
Tom Pauncz wrote on 5/14/2009, 2:53 PM
That's is what I pressed and got the Pro Type Titler help pop up.
Tom
rs170a wrote on 5/14/2009, 3:13 PM
FWIW, I got the ProType Titler help screen as well :-(

Mike
Tom Pauncz wrote on 5/14/2009, 3:31 PM
Mike (et al),

Here's the text of the report to SCS support. It's strange behaviour to be sure.

Tom
rs170a wrote on 5/14/2009, 7:53 PM
Tom, you got me curious so I tried out every single FX and the ones that came up strange were Defocus, Fill-light, Glint, Rays, Soft Contrast & Starburst FX - all the new ones.

Mike
Tom Pauncz wrote on 5/14/2009, 8:57 PM
Mike,
I guess that makes sense as the the new FX help comes up in a browser when the smaller ? is pressed. Maybe they are originally a 3rd party product???
Tom
rs170a wrote on 5/15/2009, 5:01 AM
Tom, I'm positive I've seen those FX in another package (Pixelan?) but I can't remember which one.

Mike
MarkWWWW wrote on 5/15/2009, 6:12 AM
They were originally released by Velvet Matter. At the time rumour had it that the team (possibly just a single programmer) behind them was an ex-SonyCreative programmer. It was also rumoured that the Velvet Matter team wrote the ProType Titler for Sony. Sony have since bought in the Velvet Matter FX (perhaps the team along with them) and included them as part of V9. I think the fact that the "Big ?" help for the FX mistakenly points to the help for the Titler is just something that slipped through the net when they were de-Velvet-Mattered and re-branded as Sony.

Mark

PS. I don't know how much truth there is/was in the rumours referred to above, bt I think the jist of it is correct.
Tom Pauncz wrote on 5/15/2009, 9:33 AM
Mark,
You're spot on!
Here's the response from SCS Support.