Comments

farss wrote on 8/6/2010, 5:44 PM
Never even heard of them before but as I'm a fan of The Doors their music was a good listen. Your video pretty much captured the feel of the music and that time as well.

Bob.
Derm wrote on 8/6/2010, 6:42 PM
Hi Bob,
The Doors are a big favourite here, Joy Division's music is often compared to the Doors & Velvets but I dont see the connection. The era is late 70's to 80.
Thanks
Derm
rmack350 wrote on 8/6/2010, 8:16 PM
That takes me back.

Liked the video. Effects-wise, how much of it was you and how much of it was there before you got it?

Rob
ushere wrote on 8/6/2010, 11:11 PM
from manchester, england.

their name was a complete misnomer - should have been (deep) depression division.

coming from manchester, playing such depressive, melancholy music it's no wonder their lead singer commuted suicide

btw - checked out your site and band - great songs - though i had to go direct to yt to see them?
FilmingPhotoGuy wrote on 8/7/2010, 1:49 AM
Hey Derm, I have almost all of their stuff. When I say almost it because there is so much bootleg stuff out there. Ian Curtis did this crazy dance but I never saw many videos though. When I listened to their stuff I always realiszed their was someone more depressed than me :)) I read in a Joy Division book that they got their name from an area in the German concentration camp where guards had sex with their captives. This area was called Joy Division.

BTW I like you video you put together. The B/W makes the mood sombre.
crocdoc wrote on 8/7/2010, 4:25 AM
Definitely Joy Division fans on this forum (speaking for myself, anyway). Big fan from way back.

Nice video.

There were a couple of Joy Division movies out in 2007. I caught the documentary (simply called Joy Division), which I enjoyed, but missed the dramatisation/movie Control. Is it any good?
Derm wrote on 8/7/2010, 7:28 AM
@ Rob
All of the FX are mine.

@Ushere
Thanks, was ther a problem getting to the other songs?

@LightAds
Very little video material available unforunately

@Crocdoc
I loved the documentary was disappointed bythe film Control. I expected more as it was done by Anton Corbijn
rmack350 wrote on 8/7/2010, 6:35 PM
Nicely done. Some of it reminded me of Yellow Submarine, of all things.
ushere wrote on 8/8/2010, 1:29 AM
hi derm,

2 out of the 3 wouldn't play from your site - 'error loading file', but worked fine if searched 'the parlez' on youtube.

Derm wrote on 8/8/2010, 5:40 AM
@Rob
Thats an amazing remark, this current video exercise started out as
"Tomorrow Never Knows" by the Beatles of course. I am a huge fan.
I lost my way with it and dropped it for the time being. I will go back to it and Strawberry Fields at some stage. The TNK video featured elements from Yellow Submarine and I have used parts if it in the past. I particularly like the Eleanor Rigby section.

@Ushere
Thanks for that info, I will look into it.