Comments

p@mast3rs wrote on 8/11/2007, 9:52 AM
oh youre such a witty guy. thousands of comedians out of work ad youre trying to be funny.
Jonathan Neal wrote on 8/11/2007, 10:32 AM
- Support for Windows Vista
- Available in 64-Bit
- Improved Titler Tool & Typeface Rendering
- Capture Video as MPG / WMV / etc.
- Video Hardware Rendering Support

Plausible?
TheHappyFriar wrote on 8/11/2007, 10:32 AM
i might ditch V6 for it too. :D Depending on features... already have a buyer for my V6+DVDA for 1/2 the upgrade cost for me. :D
PixelStuff wrote on 8/11/2007, 9:54 PM
Is that legal to sell the old license? I can't actually remember what it said.
rmack350 wrote on 8/12/2007, 1:00 AM
1 & 2 they've pretty much promised. 3 is anyone's guess but I'm going to guess that even if they do something there'll still be lots of complaining. 4 seems unlikely to me but you can already do this with the free windows media encoder so I suppose it wouldn't kill them to wrap some Vegas interface around that. 5 is likely if they adopt DirectShow and maybe Media Foundation as part of the road to #s 1 & 2.

Just my opinion.

Rob Mack
Jonathan Neal wrote on 8/12/2007, 1:44 AM
I'll make some more wild claims.

- Import & Export of FLAC Audio
- Import & Export of FLV Flash Language Video
- Media Manager 3.0 (also Windows Vista compatible)
- Even More Improved VST Support (for Windows Vista)
- Freehand envelope drawing on the timeline.
ReneH wrote on 8/12/2007, 8:07 AM
Improved titling would be a most excellent improvement for version 8. That alone wouls seal it for me.
Jessariah67 wrote on 8/12/2007, 8:42 AM
Said it before, will say it again...if/when Sony teams up with someone (or develops on their own) an app like Motion, all the FCP suite-talkers will be gagged. Other than (from what I've heard) DVD Studio Pro having more "Pro" features than DVDA (I still haven't found myself unable to "do something" in DVDA...) a Motion-like app would make the Sony suite "better" IMO than FCP Studio. Soundtrack Pro vs. Sound Forge? And I still think Vegas is hands-down the better NLE when you take EVERYTHING into consideration.
JJKizak wrote on 8/12/2007, 11:48 AM
Why mess with 10 bit , why not 24 bit for a blistering advance?
JJK
Coursedesign wrote on 8/12/2007, 12:28 PM
Why mess with 10 bit , why not 24 bit for a blistering advance?

10-bit is an acquisition and distribution format. It is also an acceptable format for post work if you don't have enough system performance for 16-bit integer or 32-bit floating point video formats as supported by Vegas' competitors with great results (dramatically visible differences are possible even where the original footage was shot in an 8-bit format).