Linear Key Frames

cworld29 wrote on 1/12/2005, 12:52 PM
I am trying to get a .PNG image to slide from one side of the screen and off the other. This needs to be seemless so that when rendered this image will continuously loop.

I thought linear would be the setting to use for the key frames but I am not getting satisfactory results. The image slows as it nears the second keyframe. Looping this gives me an image that starts-gets on step-then slows before it repeats. Kind of like a train starting off then coming into the station.

I thought linear meant a straight transition from key frame A to B. I have tried all the other key frame types and still cannot get what I need. Is there a workaround for this?

Comments

Former user wrote on 1/12/2005, 1:23 PM
You have to enter a 0 in another setting, but I can't think of what it is called. Smoothness maybe.

Someone else will remember.

Dave T2
cworld29 wrote on 1/12/2005, 1:47 PM
RIght! That does it. Thanks now maybe I can finish this today.

This brings up another problem I have with the key framing though. Now I would like to change all my key frames smoothness to 0. It would be nice if a change to a key frame actually effected all the keyframes that are highlighted. So here I sit changing each key frame one at a time.

Please Sony, make editing key frames more intuitive in the next release.