Lock audio to video?

Sullivan wrote on 8/30/2004, 3:09 PM
When I import from my DV deck, I get a video track and an audio track that are locked together somehow. Many editing options operate on both tracks, preserving lip sync.

My question is, how can I lock an audio track to a video track if I have imported them separately, as in double-system shooting?

I know I can edit these tracks together as long as I am careful to always select both before splitting, sliding, slipping, etc. But isn't there some way to marry the tracks in the same fashion as those imported in a single operation?

Comments

MJhig wrote on 8/30/2004, 11:02 PM
Select the audio and video events > R-click > Group > Create new.

You will have to keep an eye on things though, some edits especially with split/delete can break the group.

MJ
Sullivan wrote on 8/31/2004, 7:46 AM
Thanks!

Actually, I had tried grouping but, as you say, splitting the event causes the group association to be lost, so I thought I was probably missing something.
SonyEPM wrote on 8/31/2004, 8:16 AM
Since you are working (I presume) with long files, you could open the video in Sound Forge, sync up the DAT audio and resave. You could also do this in Vegas but Forge lets you overwrite the original file, save some disc space.