Looking for a USB audio interface for Vegas 11

smhontz wrote on 10/21/2011, 4:51 PM
I've used an M-Audio Firewire 410 with a couple of M-Audio BX5a powered speakers for a number of years on my current PC (Windows Vista 64-bit). It's worked ok, with times where it decides to suddenly flip into 24-bit mode and I have to go into the Volume Control and reset the Default Format back to 2 channel 16bit 44100.

I have a new Win 7 64-bit PC that I'm using for video editing with Vegas 10/11. I need an audio interface for that, but I'm leaning towards a USB one this time because it's harder and harder to find firewire on computers. It only needs to have a couple of inputs for the occasional voiceover. Something like the M-Audio FastTrack Pro or the Presonus Audiobox USB, something around $200 or less.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

VideoFacets wrote on 10/21/2011, 6:01 PM
I'm using a PreSonus Audiobox USB. Love it.
je@on wrote on 10/22/2011, 1:24 PM
Worked for years with my Behringer mixer going to the sound card. Recently acquired a Blue Icicle XLR to USB converter. At Amazon <$50. I was very surprised how clean it sounds. Supplies phantom power if needed. Been using it exclusively lately recording v/o's with Sound Forge then editing in Vegas. Also works well with Vegas direct. Your mileage may vary...
LReavis wrote on 10/22/2011, 9:18 PM
if you would be willing to buy a mic instead of just the usb interface, the new issue of Videomaker gave a glowing review of the Audio Tec. ATR 2100 dynamic mic - see http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Technica-ATR2100-USB-Cardioid-Dynamic-USB-XLR-Mic-/220869094954?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336cd2ee2a.

It also has male XLR fitting, plus headphone jack complete with volume control, and a little stand