Looking for Cineform in Vega 9

Paul_Holmes wrote on 12/31/2009, 11:26 AM
I just did the end-of-year special and upgraded to Vegas 9 from 7. I downloaded the trial while I wait for the DVDs from Sony to arrive and I notice there's no option to render as Cineform files in the trial. 9 does play my earlier converted Cineform files just fine.

So, the question I'm asking is, when you install the paid version of Vegas 9 will it include Cineform AVI rendering in it's templates?

Or perhaps I need to uninstall 9 when the paid version comes in the mail, uninstall NeoScene, re-install NeoScene, then 9?

Anybody shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

BudWzr wrote on 12/31/2009, 12:48 PM
What end-of-year special? Where is that?
PerroneFord wrote on 12/31/2009, 1:00 PM
Cineform went away with Vegas 8. If you want it, you have to purchase it separately now.
Paul_Holmes wrote on 12/31/2009, 1:10 PM
I believe the special ended last night, $150 to upgrade plus a training DVD.

Thanks for the replies. I do have the Cineform Neo, latest version. Maybe when I get the DVD for Vegas I'll have to uninstall everything, install Neo, then Vegas 9.

But for those who use Cineform, I guess what I'm asking is, once I have 9 installed and Cineform installed, will templates show up in 9 so I can render and re-render to Cineform, or do I have to choose some other template and then use Cineform as a custom codec from the drop-down list?

Paul
PerroneFord wrote on 12/31/2009, 1:24 PM
It's usually in the .AVI template, and a codec within it, if I remember correctly.
JohnnyRoy wrote on 12/31/2009, 1:36 PM
> Cineform went away with Vegas 8

Actually, If I remember correctly, Cineform went away with Vegas Pro 9.0 and if you still had Vegas Pro 8.0 on your PC when you upgraded, it worked in Vegas Pro 9.0 32-bit as well.

~jr
JohnnyRoy wrote on 12/31/2009, 1:40 PM
> once I have 9 installed and Cineform installed, will templates show up in 9 so I can render and re-render to Cineform, or do I have to choose some other template and then use Cineform as a custom codec from the drop-down list?

You have to create your own templates using the Custom button. If you still have Vegas Pro 8.0 installed they may show up under the 32-bit version of Vegas. Since you have NeoScene all you have to do is create the templates that you need. I started with the Sony YUV templates and just changed the codec to CineForm and renamed them. That was the easiest way to get up and running quickly.

~jr
PerroneFord wrote on 12/31/2009, 1:48 PM
Oh ok.. maybe that's what it was... I'm getting old.. my memory is fading.
Paul_Holmes wrote on 12/31/2009, 2:01 PM
Thanks, JohnnyRoy, exactly the advice I needed to hear!

Paul