low system memory

CDMGreer wrote on 2/23/2005, 11:10 PM
Hi there
i've been workin on this project for a couple hours now and i had it all ready to render and i click render and it gets about 1 min into the video then sais i'm low on system resources?!?!!?!? i don't know who that is possible considering that video editing is what this computer is ment to do. any help would be greatly appriated.

Thanks Kyle Greer CDM-----Creative Digital Media

Comments

nickle wrote on 2/23/2005, 11:35 PM
Try saving your project and rebooting and try again.
CDMGreer wrote on 2/24/2005, 4:24 PM
tryed but to no avail still sais low memory
JJKizak wrote on 2/24/2005, 4:44 PM
Next time you re boot hit CTRL-ALT DEL and check the taskbar to see what is running. If you have any Norton stuff, shuttle pro, anything that is not being used end it, (don't worry it all comes back on the next boot up). How much memory do you have? You should have at least 512 meg. Set your paging file according to how much memory you have, if you have 1 gig of memory set the paging file to at least 1 gig. On your timeline if you have any large groups of still pictures, title crawls, blurs, 3d track motion, etc. select these with your loop then render to avi. Then put the avi files in your media pool and substitute them on the timeline then hit "remove all unused media" This will free up the memory and if it doesn't you have some huge problems. There are many threads on this subject.

JJK
teaktart wrote on 2/24/2005, 8:33 PM
Hi,
How much free space do you have on the drive that is doing the rendering for you? (percentage of free space? number of GB space available?)
You need a lot of 'elbow room' for the rendering and the new files being created.
Did you defrag that drive before rendering?

Hope that helps,
teaktart
CDMGreer wrote on 2/25/2005, 6:53 PM
nothing extra is running and i have 2 gigs of ram. i'm gunna uninstall than reinstall vegas and see if that does it
Spot|DSE wrote on 2/25/2005, 9:23 PM
CDM Greer, are you sure your RAM is totally compatible with the system? I had this problem a while back, swapped out RAM, it went away. Shouldn't have been related, but it indeed was...
John_Cline wrote on 2/25/2005, 9:47 PM
Kyle,

Does your project contain any high-resolution stills by any chance? Even if they are just in the Media Pool and not on the timeline, Vegas will keep them "open" and it can use GOBS of memory depending on how many stills there are. It was only under these conditions that I have had Vegas run out of memory. I had about two or three 10,000x1600 stills I was panning across in the video. Also, if there is a lot of unused media in the Media Pool, try clearing the unused media out of the project. Anyway, just a guess.

John