Comments

redpaw wrote on 2/20/2014, 8:31 AM
i've got it working and never had any issues.

just to double check... you do have a fx'ed clip selected on the timeline when you click the edit button? (also FX bypass unchecked in preview window?), right?
Grazie wrote on 2/20/2014, 8:39 AM
Wanting to give some support and solace to the Opening Poster, the ability for MBL2 to work consistently with VP12 B770 for me also, comes and goes . . . .

dlion: red giant says they are aware and working with sony...
Oh really!? How official is that? I'm at the BVE here in London next week, it'll be good to speak with the colleagues about it.

Cheers

Grazie

dlion wrote on 2/20/2014, 9:21 AM
yes and yes, red.
Grazie wrote on 2/20/2014, 9:30 AM
Excellent news!

G

dlion wrote on 2/20/2014, 11:07 AM
turns out if you toggle the fx bypass a couple times it works. found a vid on YT...
Grazie wrote on 2/20/2014, 11:14 AM
Ah! An Undisclosed Feature.

G
Duncan H wrote on 2/20/2014, 3:45 PM
Yes, no issues here either - my experience is like Redpaw's above. But don't MBL 2.0 after getting Sapphire Edge.

Duncan
Marc S wrote on 2/21/2014, 12:33 PM
Another issue with Looks and Vegas is that if you have a Blackmagic Intensity card and use the external monitor preview from within Looks interface the black levels jump about 7.5 IRE. This is reflected in the scopes and makes accurate grading using an external monitor impossible until you exit Looks to see what you are really getting.

I just had a chat with Red Giant and they informed me it's a known issue and they are actively working on it. I think this is another side effect of the strange way Vegas handles levels. Premiere and AE do not have this issue with Looks.