Making changes to text event presets

kunal wrote on 4/29/2010, 6:59 AM
I have a lot of text events on the timeline and they're all using the same custom preset. I changed one of the values in the preset (like feather), saved the preset, quit Vegas and restarted it.

I was expecting that the changed values would propagate to all instances of the preset and that all text events using that preset would be reloaded with the new value...however, I only see the changes applied to the preset event which I had changed - the rest of the events still have the old feather value.

How do I get changes saved to the preset to be applied globally?

Thanks.

Comments

xberk wrote on 4/29/2010, 9:28 AM
How do I get changes saved to the preset to be applied globally?

If I have this right, I don't think you can. If you change and resave a preset it does not change any property of any titles already existing in any veg file, including the one you are working on.. All titles are stored inside the veg file itself and each is its own event (unique) . The preset acts as a template to create them.

Within a veg, you can create copies of any title (generated media) so that if one is changed, all of them are changed. But this goes for the entire title, not just some of it's properites. Hence ALL the copies are identical. I don't think this is what you want. Sounds like you want different text with the ability to change other values in all the titles created with a certain preset. You an copy keyframes between events. SO you could change one of the titles and copy that keyframe into the others to change them one by one. I believe that would work if I've got this right.

Paul B .. PCI Express Video Card: EVGA VCX 10G-P5-3885-KL GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA ,,  Intel Core i9-11900K Desktop Processor ,,  MSI Z590-A PRO Desktop Motherboard LGA-1200 ,, 64GB (2X32GB) XPG GAMMIX D45 DDR4 3200MHz 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-25600 Memory .. Seasonic Power Supply SSR-1000FX Focus Plus 1000W ,, Arctic Liquid Freezer II – 360MM .. Fractal Design case ,, Samsung Solid State Drive MZ-V8P1T0B/AM 980 PRO 1TB PCI Express 4 NVMe M.2 ,, Wundiws 10 .. Vegas Pro 19 Edit

kunal wrote on 4/30/2010, 6:52 AM
"Sounds like you want different text with the ability to change other values in all the titles created with a certain preset"

That's exactly what I want. I created a reference copy of an event, right-clicked on the keyframe for the first event, copied it, pasted it in the next event and changed the title in the 2nd event - however that changed the title for both events. I'm clearly doing something wrong...am I missing a step?
xberk wrote on 4/30/2010, 7:57 AM
You can copy keyframes between events. SO you could change one of the titles and copy that keyframe into the others to change them one by one.

No. I was wrong. You can copy keyframes in titles but the keyframe carries the text content as well as all the attributes at that point in the timeline. This makes sense as you can change the text and have it change at different points on the timeline WITHIN a title as it plays. I don't think Vegas can do what you want -- at least I cannot find a way to change, for example, the color of the text or the font or add a drop shadow to a title and then copy this into all the other titles in the project without altering the text of those titles.

What I do is start with a certain basic preset title that I like for the project. IT has most of the style I want -- font - drop shadow etc. I might change the font or other things in this first title. I change the text to what I need. I copy this title for the next title in the project -- change the text to what I need and so on. This way all the titles match in style -- but if I change my mind and want, for example, a different font. I must change all the titles one by one. I don't see another way to do it. IT would be nice to have a way to do this. Anyone know of one?

Paul B .. PCI Express Video Card: EVGA VCX 10G-P5-3885-KL GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA ,,  Intel Core i9-11900K Desktop Processor ,,  MSI Z590-A PRO Desktop Motherboard LGA-1200 ,, 64GB (2X32GB) XPG GAMMIX D45 DDR4 3200MHz 288-Pin SDRAM PC4-25600 Memory .. Seasonic Power Supply SSR-1000FX Focus Plus 1000W ,, Arctic Liquid Freezer II – 360MM .. Fractal Design case ,, Samsung Solid State Drive MZ-V8P1T0B/AM 980 PRO 1TB PCI Express 4 NVMe M.2 ,, Wundiws 10 .. Vegas Pro 19 Edit