Master Audio -3db

estelizondo wrote on 9/12/2017, 7:47 PM

I'm Vegas user since Vegas 4 so, I know the software, I'm having this issue in Vegas 15 that I import a clip with audio at 0db (max volume) and when play master indicates volume is at -3db, if I Render the new clip goes to -3db, easy to fix I have to force +3db on master to get 0db on file, but, that's not normal, why that happens? Never seen that on earlier version. Using Windows 10, Vegas 15. I tried different format (mov, mp4, avi) happens the same with all.

Comments

Marco. wrote on 9/13/2017, 4:17 AM

This is because the default pan type of audio tracks was changed in Vegas Pro 15 (to "Constant Power").

To resolve your problem set the audio track pan type back to "Add Channels" (default of earlier Vegas Pro versions) or "Balance 0 dB".

estelizondo wrote on 9/13/2017, 8:08 AM

This is because the default pan type of audio tracks was changed in Vegas Pro 15 (to "Constant Power").

To resolve your problem set the audio track pan type back to "Add Channels" (default of earlier Vegas Pro versions) or "Balance 0 dB".

Thanks, this solve te problem, I save this change to default. Thanks again.

gary-rebholz wrote on 9/13/2017, 8:56 AM

We will be changing the default pan type back to Add Channels (as it was in all prior versions) in a free update to VEGAS Pro 15. I'm not sure of the timing, but we will change it back. In the meantime, setting the default as discussed here works. I'm sorry for the hassle this has caused you guys. My fault.