match output aspect confusion

dlion wrote on 8/3/2009, 10:18 AM
I have a project that I originally started at 1440x1080. Most of the clips are set to "match output aspect." I now want to change the project to 720x486, but now have black bars at left and right; when I manually set "match output aspect" again, the clip displays properly.

1) Why does Vegas lose this switch when changing project size?
2) Is there a way to select a group of clips and apply the switch to all, or must I edit each manually?

Thanks.

Comments

ScorpioProd wrote on 8/3/2009, 10:41 AM
"Match output aspect" is not a switch, so no, Vegas is not losing the switch.

"Match output aspect" is simply a command in pan/crop that is executed and not looked at any further by Vegas, it's not something that will change on its own when you change project size.

So it is performing as intended.

There is a script that can do a match aspect for all events in a project, I think it's one of Gilles scripts (Rosebud).
rs170a wrote on 8/3/2009, 10:44 AM
1) Your project knows that it has new properties but the individual clips can't read minds and need to be told that they have to change.

2) Change the first event, copy it, select the desired group by clicking/shift-clicking, right-click and select Paste Event Attributes.

Be advised that this will paste any and all changes to subsequent events (panning, cropping, FX, etc.) that were made to the first event so do this before you do anything else.

Mike
dlion wrote on 8/3/2009, 12:03 PM
thanks, guys.