maximum velocity down script

marcinzm wrote on 4/19/2023, 12:45 PM

Hello,

I wrote a C# script which is able to significantly increase the video velocity forward.

When I do it the same but with decreasing velocity to maximum (lowest value possible), the backward video movement is not so significant, I mean it is not so fast backward moving as it would in the case of velocity forward.

How can I decrease the video speed significantly to make a video moving backward very fast backwards?

I would like to implement it via C# script.

@jetdv can you help it?

Regards

Marcin

Last changed by marcinzm

If you are bored, drink water, you will want to pee. -> Albert Einstein - my idol!

I am 42. I have been creating videos since 2009 (the date when my first daughter was born in). My first video software was Pinnacle, next one was Sony Vegas 8 (I am not sure if remember it correctly). I am also a developer and wedding movie operator and editor. For example: I have created an Android app which let me control Vegas Pro rendering progress level on Android smartphone. I created it for fun, because I also love programming. I also created my own plugin for Audio To Text feature specified usage from Vegas Pro 19. I created proxy creation plugin which uses multiple GPU threads (maximum 3) to create proxy files for Vegas Pro. I also written many others plugin/softwares which enhance my video editing, also wedding editing.

Camera/video camera: Sony FX3, Sony A7 III, Sony FDR AX 100, Canon 5D Mark III, GoPro Hero Black 7,8,9,10

Lenses for Sony: Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III , Sony 24mm gm 1.4 FE, Sony 20 mm G FE 1.8

Lenses for Canon: Canon EF 24-70 mm F/2.8 L USM, Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

Drone: DJI Mavic 3 & DJI Phantom 4 Pro v2.0

Editing: Vegas Pro 20 (365) with a lot of third party plugins, also my own plugins written in C#

PC:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7900X CPU @ 3.30GHz   3.31 GHz

RAM: 128 GB

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 TI

storage: 4 SSD drives (including two M.2 flash drives) and two HDD drives

Windows system: 10 Home edition

Comments

jetdv wrote on 4/19/2023, 1:39 PM

@marcinzm The velocity envelope allows forward up to 1000% down through 0% (freeze frame) down to -100%.

So going forward you can get up to 10x real speed. Going backwards, you can get up to real-time backwards (not 10x).

That's just the limits of the velocity envelope.

It used to be 400% down to -100%...

marcinzm wrote on 4/19/2023, 1:42 PM

@jetdv

Thank you. I also noticed these limits.

Are there any other way (maybe other built-in or third party plugin) to forward down to 1000%?

If you are bored, drink water, you will want to pee. -> Albert Einstein - my idol!

I am 42. I have been creating videos since 2009 (the date when my first daughter was born in). My first video software was Pinnacle, next one was Sony Vegas 8 (I am not sure if remember it correctly). I am also a developer and wedding movie operator and editor. For example: I have created an Android app which let me control Vegas Pro rendering progress level on Android smartphone. I created it for fun, because I also love programming. I also created my own plugin for Audio To Text feature specified usage from Vegas Pro 19. I created proxy creation plugin which uses multiple GPU threads (maximum 3) to create proxy files for Vegas Pro. I also written many others plugin/softwares which enhance my video editing, also wedding editing.

Camera/video camera: Sony FX3, Sony A7 III, Sony FDR AX 100, Canon 5D Mark III, GoPro Hero Black 7,8,9,10

Lenses for Sony: Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III , Sony 24mm gm 1.4 FE, Sony 20 mm G FE 1.8

Editing: Vegas Pro 20 (365) with a lot of third party plugins, also my own plugins written in C#

PC:

Marco. wrote on 4/19/2023, 2:06 PM

I'd try to first reverse the clip via the context menu option, then apply the velocity envelope (with +1000 %).

jetdv wrote on 4/19/2023, 2:34 PM

Natively in VEGAS, there are multiple ways to go faster in reverse:

• Create a reversed subclip and then apply the velocity envelop UP to 1000%?
  • Use a velocity envelope at -100% and then apply a playback rate of 4x to get 400% backwards
  • Put the reversed event in a nested VEG and the use a velocity envelope on the nested VEG file to get 1000% backwards

But there's no way to make the velocity envelope go faster than 100% (regular speed) backwards.

Marco. wrote on 4/19/2023, 2:39 PM

From what I now tested, there's no need to create a subclip of the reversed Event. Directly applying the Velocity Envelope to the reversed Event seems to work fine.

jetdv wrote on 4/19/2023, 2:47 PM

@Marco. if you right-click an event and choose "Reverse", it creates a "reversed subclip" of that event and adds it as a new take to that event.

Marco. wrote on 4/19/2023, 2:55 PM

I see, thanks. I meanwhile forgot what VP does for us in the background.

marcinzm wrote on 4/19/2023, 4:37 PM

Thank you for your comments.

I would like to let the video clip play forward, then when music beat occurrs then play the same videoclip backward (1000%) for a while and then play forward again.

How can I achieve this?

PC:

jetdv wrote on 4/20/2023, 7:35 AM

You'll have to use one of the options mentioned above. You're not going to get -1000% without a workaround as it will only go to -100%.