media files and event mix up

kairosmatt wrote on 2/5/2011, 7:47 AM
I though I must be insane, but then I saw Doug's post in John Cline's support thread. I thought I'd start a separate one in case any one else has experienced this or finds a solution.

Had a long interview cut up into segments to tell a story. Suddenly, Vegas replaced that media with a very short clip that was also on the timeline (of course, it repeated a lot!).

However, the active take information on the timeline still referred to the original (interview) file. But-right clicking and selecting in project media highlighted the shorter, wrong file. Very weird.

In my case I could just replace the wrong file in project media with the right one. Since the wrong file was actually supposed to be on the timeline, I just went to where it was and re edited it in.

But what if Vegas had screwed up two long interview files and mixed them up? This is a very serious glitch and could cause massive headaches and re edits. The only thing I can think of is: INCREMENT SAVE OFTEN!

kairosmatt

Comments

altarvic wrote on 2/5/2011, 8:48 AM
Yea, this is one of the most serious and annoying bugs and there is no solution, AFAIK.

"The only thing I can think of is: INCREMENT SAVE OFTEN!"

AutoSave from Excalibur or Project Backups from Vegasaur can help you to perform this task more effectively.