Media Jumping

wafalcon wrote on 11/17/2006, 9:11 AM
Hello:

Has any one noticed this:

When I start a new project, I create new bins for every camera, audio improt, and other imports. When I have everything organized and start working, later in the project I realize that the media jumps from bin to bin and some simply disapear. So I have to go and get it back from "all media" bin and reorganize it again. It has been that way since V5.

Any suggestions?

Comments

Grazie wrote on 11/17/2006, 9:16 AM
Eh? OK, what version and build are you up to now?

je@on wrote on 11/17/2006, 9:37 AM
Same thing happens to me from time to time. It's just one of those Vegas-things you put up with. I view it as part of the shortcomings of Vegas' media management. I agree it began with version 5 - I've been using Vegas since v3.
CVM wrote on 11/17/2006, 9:51 AM
I experience this too, from time to time. However, it happens to me mostly when I import a file... or create text. If I do not have the desired bin highlighted when I import a file or create text, it goes into the bin that IS highlighted. But, once it's in there, it tends to stay there. On occassion, it will jump... but I've always attributed that to something I did in my quick clicking and dragging while I'm editing.

Sorry to hear your problem is worse. Not sure why.
wafalcon wrote on 11/17/2006, 10:33 AM
I use the Vegas 7.0B Build 15.

I upgraded thinking that this would be fixed but oh-well... Just like it is one of those things that we have to live with, I just wanted to see if I was the only one.

Thanks
Steve Mann wrote on 11/18/2006, 1:52 PM
Of course you could just not use media bins altogether...