Menu and Chapters

fishbelt wrote on 12/27/2006, 12:02 PM
DVD Architect 3
Can not get the hang of adding chapters to the menu. So one can play the whole movie or pick a chapter to view. I have a short video and 3 to 4 chapters with in it. Just for practise but every time I pick a chapter in and out I am just stumped on what to do next? Any books on chapters for dummies or short how to, I will be greatful. I am sure I just do not understand the terms in the 'how to' section.

fishbelt

Comments

bStro wrote on 12/27/2006, 12:32 PM
The chapters on a DVD are markers for the player to begin playing the movie -- and continue playing the movie until it is over. This is how most "pro" DVDs are, and this is the behavior that DVD Architect produces by default.

If you want only a "chapter" to play and then have the player return to the menu, then you don't want "chapters," you want...well, I don't know what you would call it. Individual movies, I suppose.

DVD Architect's online help system has instructions for this. Search it for "Scene Selection," double-click the first result ("Adding a Scene Selection Menu," and click the second item on the right (something to do with chapters returning to the menu).

The alternative is to bring each piece into DVD Architect as an individual file. But then you'd have to hook them all together for a Play All button, and that's another can of worms. ;-)

Rob
GeorgeW wrote on 12/27/2006, 2:23 PM
Drag your main Title to a menu. Then rt-click/copy, rt-click/paste it to the same menu. Now double-click the 2nd copy (in the tree structure on the left), and set the In/Out points on the timeline. DVDA is smart enough to only include the asset once (so you don't waste space). Repeat the copy/paste for each "chapter only" section you want to include on your menu...
fishbelt wrote on 12/28/2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks sooo much. Now I have a better understanding of how it works,,
Fishbelt
DaveSt wrote on 1/1/2007, 7:13 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I have pretty much the same requirements for most of my DVDs (one main movie made up from several short video clips). In DVDA, setup your chapters as you want them. Make sure your main movie file is linked to the main menu page. Then right click on the main movie file and select "Insert Scene Selection Menu". You will now have a scene selection button on the main page that will link you to all of the chapters you have created in the main movie file.

Dave