Mocha

Roger Bansemer wrote on 10/15/2023, 8:16 AM

As you can see in the picture I have a red box around the house using 8 points which Mocha will follow. I can resize the Blue box to better fit the area but my question is... can more points be added to that blue box in order to insert a picture in picture that has any more than 4 sides. Is there a way to configure the blue box to the picture in picture so that a photo on the building will be irregular in shape and not just have four sides?

Comments

Former user wrote on 10/15/2023, 8:42 AM

@Roger Bansemer Hi, no is the simple answer. The blue box is called the Planer Surface, you need to configure the picture in Vegas or in an external photo editor,

PS, you can make the Planer Surface the full size of the area you want to cover & use a Mocha spline as a mask so it only covers the side of the building, but I don't have Mocha Vegas so can't explain that to you.

Roger Bansemer wrote on 10/15/2023, 10:50 AM

@Roger Bansemer Hi, no is the simple answer. The blue box is called the Planer Surface, you need to configure the picture in Vegas or in an external photo editor,

PS, you can make the Planer Surface the full size of the area you want to cover & use a Mocha spline as a mask so it only covers the side of the building, but I don't have Mocha Vegas so can't explain that to you.

I didn't think it was possible to have Mocha insert an irregular shaped picture but thought I'd ask in case I was missing something. I did know about the planer surface and resizing it.

Former user wrote on 10/15/2023, 11:51 AM

@Roger Bansemer Just take a still image of your video (Save snapshot to file), ideally when the face of the building is face on, then create the overlay insert image to fit that, if you track the building with Translation, Scale, Rotation, Shear & Perspective the Planer surface will adjust/warp to match the tracking spline.

insert an irregular shaped picture

There isn't really such a thing, either with video or a picture if you change the shape of an image it will still be on a rectangular background, a bit like this png, It is an odd shape but it is still on an rectangular alpha background.

Roger Bansemer wrote on 10/15/2023, 12:08 PM

@Roger Bansemer Just take a still image of your video (Save snapshot to file), ideally when the face of the building is face on, then create the overlay insert image to fit that, if you track the building with Translation, Scale, Rotation, Shear & Perspective the Planer surface will adjust/warp to match the tracking spline.

insert an irregular shaped picture

There isn't really such a thing, either with video or a picture if you change the shape of an image it will still be on a rectangular background, a bit like this png, It is an odd shape but it is still on an rectangular alpha background.

Thanks very much. Good solution to know.

MikeS wrote on 10/16/2023, 5:33 AM

This may be of use:

Vegas Post 21 Build 315
Boris FX Continuum for OFX 2024.5 Build 17.5.0.336
Boris FX Mocha Pro Plug-in 2024 v11.0.2 Build 32
Windows 10 Pro - 64-Bit
ASUS PRIME Z390-P motherboard
Intel Core i7-97000K @ 3.6GHz
RAM 32GB (2x 16GB) 2666MHz DDR4
GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

Roger Bansemer wrote on 10/16/2023, 9:15 AM

This may be of use:

thanks. I watched it a couple of times. Think I'll have to watch it quite a few more before it all gets in my brain. Thanks again.

Robert Johnston wrote on 10/17/2023, 1:10 AM

@Roger Bansemer I think of that blue rectangle, Planar Surface, as a Vesa mount for a flat screen tv. It's helpful to also turn on the grid so you can adjust the corners of the Planar surface until the perspective is what you want -- maybe to match the plane on the side of a building. The grid just makes it a lot easier to see the perspective. Think vanishing point. If you swivel the "Vesa" mount, the television moves with it in the same plane. You connect what you want to the "Vesa" mount in Vegas. Well, that's how I wrapped my head around it.

Intel Core i7 10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz (to 4.65GHz), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GBytes. Memory 32 GBytes DDR4. Also Intel UHD Graphics 630. Mainboard: Dell Inc. PCI-Express 3.0 (8.0 GT/s) Comet Lake. Bench CPU Multi Thread: 5500.5 per CPU-Z.

Vegas Pro 21.0 (Build 108) with Mocha Vegas

Windows 11 not pro