Movie Studio 9 Platinum Pro

stilltrying wrote on 9/25/2008, 5:25 PM
I have just installed MS Platinum Pro 9 which seemed to install & register without a problem. My query is with CinescoreStudio, which looked like it has installed, but I can't find it anywhere to put in the registration number. I can find Cinescorestudio 1.0 in the Sony folder, but there only seems to be a Readme file there. I then downloaded the update for it from this site, & it told me that Windows had detected the first file & it would update it, so it must be there somewhere. I am running Vista Home Premium on a new computer. I am wondering if it actually installs as part of MS, but then how do you activate it? Hope someone can help.

Comments

321 wrote on 9/26/2008, 7:55 AM
You first highlight an audiio clip. Then, under Insert, you're able to choose Generated Music. From there you can register.
stilltrying wrote on 9/26/2008, 2:13 PM
Thanks so much.....I thought it must be something like that, but I couldn't work out where to find it.
stilltrying wrote on 10/2/2008, 4:47 AM
I am still having a problem getting MS9 Platinum Pro to find Cinescore Studio. I accidently downloaded the update for Cinescore instead of Cinescore Studio & although I have deleted that, the program is trying to find it & now says there are no plug-ins available when I try to choose generated music . I tried to install it again & I get the message that it is already on my system. I think it must be in the wrong place & I don't know how to rectify it. I have an additional 500 gig hard drive for my projects & have changed the default drive to that drive. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Osotosail wrote on 10/8/2008, 1:50 PM
Try your setup disk, the top level setup program has a menu option to install Cinescore. I think you could also manually browse the DVD to the directory for it and install there. In my package I got a black, gold, and white 3by5 card with SONY at the top which had serial numbers for each part of Platinum Pro, including Cinescore.

if you didn't get an install disk but only bought a download or update download, then I don't know. Perhaps eMail Sony's customer service? I'm a new customer, haven't tried that yet.
stilltrying wrote on 10/9/2008, 7:26 PM
I have tried re-installing Cinescore from the set-up disk, but get a message that it is already on my system......actually 1.0a, as I downloaded the update. My package sounds the same as yours & I have the card with the serial numbers, but when I highlight a file within MS & choose Generated Music, it says there are none there. Maybe I need to uninstall & re-install everything again??
Tollkuhnator wrote on 10/9/2008, 7:42 PM
Try this: 1) Create a new, empty project. 2) Right click on the music track. 3) Select "Insert Generated Music..."
stilltrying wrote on 10/10/2008, 4:12 AM
Thanks Tollkuhnator......I tried what you suggested, but still get the same message ..."The plug-in to generate music could not be found on your system.", BUT if I click on the Explorer tab, I can see C:\Progam files/Sony/ Shared Plug-ins - & in that folder I can see Cinescore Studio 1.0 & Cinescore themes. If I open these folders I can drag the different themes onto the music timeline, but still 'Insert generated music doesn't find them & I haven't been able to register Cinescore Studio.
I tried again to download the update 1.0a, but get the message that the file is already on my computer, but I can't find it...even by doing a search.
Has anyone had this problem??
stilltrying wrote on 10/12/2008, 4:54 PM
Problem solved........I found even though I had deleted the Cinescore update that I had downloaded in error, it was still on my system, & when I deleted it totally, Cinescore Studio appearred & I was able to register it & it is working.......now for the fun!!