MSP16: Change length of photo already on timeline

RgVideo wrote on 3/10/2023, 3:19 PM

MSP16 Build 167:

I put a bunch of photos on the timeline and then added panning etc. They were the default 5 seconds long. Now I want to sync them to a music track of a certain BPM. I double clicked one photo and changed the 5 second length shown on bottom right of the screen to 4 seconds. The photo length doesn't change, but a shaded area in a blank track below the photos does change to 4 seconds. I can then drag the right edge of the photo to match the blank track shading and get what I want. However, is there a faster way to do this for several photos?

Thanks, Ralph

Comments

jetdv wrote on 3/10/2023, 5:04 PM

In Movie Studio 16, probably not as the easiest way would be with scripting which is in the PRO versions.

I don't know if this works in Movie Studio (it does in the Pro versions) but you might select them all, press "G" to group them, and then hold the CTRL key and make the last one shorter. That should shrink them all (speeding up the "playback rate"). But not sure if that's an option in Movie Studio 16.

EricLNZ wrote on 3/10/2023, 5:52 PM

@jetdv Yes that works in VMS Platinum.

RgVideo wrote on 3/10/2023, 7:25 PM

Many thanks to both of you! This works great and saves a lot of time. Photo transitions stay right in sync with the beat! 👍 😀

Ralph

marvin-a wrote on 4/4/2023, 3:30 AM

MSP16 Build 167:

I put a bunch of photos on the timeline and then added panning etc. They were the default 5 seconds long. Now I want to sync them to a music track of a certain BPM. I double clicked one photo and changed the 5 second length shown on bottom right of the screen to 4 seconds. The cymatics video were of exceptional quality and resolution, which made them perfect for my project. The platform offers a wide variety of cymatics videos, ranging from simple patterns to complex and intricate designs. The photo length doesn't change, but a shaded area in a blank track below the photos does change to 4 seconds. I can then drag the right edge of the photo to match the blank track shading and get what I want. However, is there a faster way to do this for several photos?

Thanks, Ralph

Hello. Honestly, I don't know how to do it faster, but I'm glad I found your information because I wanted to at least get close to the level you showed.