Multi Camera.- how to delete a cut

fosko wrote on 3/7/2015, 10:00 AM
Is there a way to delete a cut (not using "UNDO") with Multi Cam ? SOmetiemes I get down the line and realize I don't want a cut. I havn't found a way to delete it yet so what I did was move the markers of clip to chage it's length..making it maybe one frame ? Now I'm finding one of my camera's is out of sync.

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/7/2015, 10:22 AM
Ripple settings?
fosko wrote on 3/7/2015, 7:36 PM
You know ... I think that might be it. It's hard to test on curremnt project but it makes a lot of sense. I had it set to enable snapping. Change the length of clip and it moves.....I"ll try on new project and see how it works.
THANKS~~~~~~~

Now....is there a way to delete a cut ??
Arthur.S wrote on 3/8/2015, 9:44 AM
You can right click on it to choose a different camera, but the only way I know of to delete a cut - once you've gone on down the TL, is to go back to it after you've expanded to multiple tracks when you've finished the MC edit. I usually place a marker there with a suitable name.
jimsch wrote on 3/8/2015, 10:02 AM
There is no way to delete a cut without using UNDO that I am aware of.

You can however make it irrelevant by changing the clip used in the offending clip by selecting it and pressing "T" to switch camera tracks to the other available tracks. The cut will still be there but since you are not changing the track it will be invisible.
OldSmoke wrote on 3/8/2015, 11:07 AM
It's a bit tricky but can be done. Change the camera take after the cut to the same before the cut. If you want it even cleaner, after changing the take to the same, you can delete that take and drag the edge of the first to extend it until the next take.

Proud owner of Sony Vegas Pro 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 and now Magix VP15&16.

System Spec.:
Motherboard: ASUS X299 Prime-A

Ram: G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 2666 XMP

CPU: i7-9800x @ 4.6GHz (custom water cooling system)
GPU: 1x AMD Vega Pro Frontier Edition (water cooled)
Hard drives: System Samsung 970Pro NVME, AV-Projects 1TB (4x Intel P7600 512GB VROC), 4x 2.5" Hotswap bays, 1x 3.5" Hotswap Bay, 1x LG BluRay Burner

PSU: Corsair 1200W
Monitor: 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM (2560x1440)

PeterWright wrote on 3/8/2015, 8:16 PM
I use Old Smoke's method - it is very simple and not at all tricky! - delete the adjoining event and drag the edge of the remaining event to fill the gap.

Takes one second and the cut has been deleted.
wwaag wrote on 3/8/2015, 10:43 PM
If you have Vegasaur, it's even easier. Use the Join Events (Unsplit) 1-click command. The cut disappears. Just make sure the adjoining takes are the same as suggested by Old Smoke.

wwaag

AKA the HappyOtter at https://tools4vegas.com/. System 1: Intel i7-8700k with HD 630 graphics plus an Nvidia RTX4070 graphics card. System 2: Intel i7-3770k with HD 4000 graphics plus an AMD RX550 graphics card. System 3: Laptop. Dell Inspiron Plus 16. Intel i7-11800H, Intel Graphics. Current cameras include Panasonic FZ2500, GoPro Hero11 and Hero8 Black plus a myriad of smartPhone, pocket cameras, video cameras and film cameras going back to the original Nikon S.

Steve Mann wrote on 3/8/2015, 10:52 PM
Before I make the multicam track, I make a copy of each video track, put them into a group, minimize the group and mute it.

If I am only one or two transitions past the mistake, I just CTRL-Z back to the error and resume.
If it's something I want to return to later, I finish the editing then fall back to my backup tracks and make the transition manually.

Arthur.S wrote on 3/9/2015, 2:55 PM
Which just goes to show, as with all things Vegas...there's more than one way to achieve what you want. It's one of the reasons I lurve Vegas (mostly ha ha)
fosko wrote on 3/10/2015, 11:16 PM
WOW.. thanks..
I DO have Vegasur ..never thought about that